Adrian M. Lapas
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Goldsboro, NC
At Lapas Law Offices, PLLC, Adrian M. Lapas represents clients in Eastern North Carolina in matters of bankruptcy, consumer litigation, foreclosure, fair debt collections, junk debt, buyer lawsuits and debt negotiations. With almost three decades of experience, he is known for his commitment to helping his clients find a way to a fresh financial start no matter what situation they find themselves in.
Certified by the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization as a Bankruptcy Law Consumer, Mr. Lapas is admitted to practice in the state of North Carolina. In 2011, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys gave him the Distinguished Service Award and in 2012, Business North Carolina named him a Legal Elite.
Mr. Lapas graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with an undergraduate degree in political science. Moving on to Wake Forest University School of Law, he earned his Juris Doctor in 1993. Currently he is a contributor for the Bankruptcy Law Network and graduated from Max Gardner’s Bankruptcy Boot Camp. A regular presenter for Continuing Legal Education seminars for the North Carolina Bar Association, he has also testified before the United States House of Representatives regarding laws that would affect bankruptcy and student loans.
A former member of the United States Navy, Mr. Lapas lived in Kenya, the Philippines, Pakistan, the Indian Ocean and Midland Island during his career. Currently he is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and the organization’s Bankruptcy Section. Passionate about protecting consumers from abusive creditor practices, he is constantly expanding his knowledge and sharing it through presentations and seminars to other attorneys.
Adrian M. Lapas is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
- 60%Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 20%Consumer Law
- 10%Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 10%Social Security Disability
Bankruptcy Law, Consumer Protection
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
Bankruptcy Law Consumer
About Adrian M. Lapas
First Admitted: 1993, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://goldsborobankruptcylawyer.com/adrian-m-lapas/
- Presenter, Bankruptcy Institute sponsored by the NC Bar Association and other seminars addressing a variety of bankruptcy and consumer protection topics
- Certified as a specialist in Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the North Carolina State Bar
- Participated as co-counsel in a class action involving thousands of North Carolina residents sued by a junk debt buyer. Final approval of the class settlement issued in July, 2018
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science, 1990
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Was invited to testify before a subcommittee of the United States House of Representatives on proposed legislation regarding student loans in bankruptcy, 2010
- Legal Elite, Business North Carolina, 2012
- Distinguished Service Award, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 2011
- Presented on credit reporting issues during and after bankruptcy, 2018
- Bankruptcy Law Network, Contributing member
- Bankruptcy Section of the North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Member
Last Updated: 5/15/2022