Daniel A. Harris
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Greensboro, NC
Attorney Daniel A. Harris is a partner with Clifford & Harris, PLLC, law firm in Greensboro, North Carolina. A top-rated, award-winning trial attorney with more than seven years of legal experience, Mr. Harris provides invaluable and effective defense counsel to clients throughout Guilford County and the surrounding areas of the Piedmont Triad who stand accused or are under investigation for serious felony and misdemeanor offenses, including DUI/DWI, drug possession, assault and violent crimes, firearms violations, white collar and federal crimes, sex crimes and more.
A staunch advocate for his clients, Mr. Harris has gained a reputation for his exceptional trial skills and in-depth knowledge of the law, as well as his aggressive approach to protecting his clients' rights and interests and helping them achieve the most favorable outcomes possible for their situations efficiently and cost-effectively.
Honored for his success, Mr. Harris has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers along with recognition as an emerging leader in his field. Moreover, Business North Carolina Magazine has voted him a Legal Elite for Criminal Defense and a Young Gun each year since 2015. He has also received designation as a Top 40 Under 40 from The National Trial Lawyers, and he has received "Superb" 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo.
A 2010 graduate of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Mr. Harris obtained his Juris Doctor from Elon University School of Law in 2012. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
While in law school, Mr. Harris was a highly active member of the school's moot court board, and he placed as a semifinalist in the 2011 Intramural Moot Court Competition and quarter-finalist in the 2012 Leroy R. Hassell, Sr. National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition. He also served as vice president of the school's Innocent Project as well as president of the Society for Health Law and Bioethics.
Mr. Harris maintains active memberships with the 18th Judicial Bar Association, the American, North Carolina and Greensboro Bar associations, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, and the Greensboro Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023
About Daniel A. Harris
First Admitted: 2013, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.ccolawyers.com/our-attorneys/daniel-a-harris/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Innocence Project, Elon University School of Law, Vice-President
- Criminal Law Society
- University of North Carolina Men’s Club Soccer, President
- Society for Health Law and Bioethics, President
- Greensboro Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Greensboro Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Western District Of North Carolina, 2017
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 18th Judicial Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Middle District Of North Carolina, 2013
- United States District Court for the Eastern District Of North Carolina, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2014
- State of North Carolina, 2013
- The Law of North Carolina published in "Florida Firearms - Law, Use & Ownership: Eighth Edition" (November 2014)- North Carolina law on firearms and self-defense - written by Daniel A. Harris and Locke T. Clifford.
- Beyond Ferguson: A Frank Discussion of Race, Policing and the 4th Amendment - Elon University School of Law (September 2014)- A roundtable discussion by Defense attorney Daniel Harris, UNCG's police chief, Greensboro's mayor pro-tem, and several distinguished law professors.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 2010
- Legal Elite - Young Guns, Business North Carolina, 2017
- Legal Elite- Young Guns, Business North Carolina, 2018
- Legal Elite - Criminal Law, Business North Carolina, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Legal Elite - Criminal Law, Business North Carolina, 2015
- Legal Elite - Young Guns, Business North Carolina, 2016
- Legal Elite - Criminal Law, Business North Carolina, 2018
- Legal Elite - Young Guns, Business North Carolina, 2015
Last Updated: 9/21/2022