Galina (Allie) Petrova
Top rated tax attorney in Greensboro, North CarolinaPetrova Law PLLC
Practice Areas: Tax, Business & corporate, Mergers & acquisitions
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2013
Education: Georgetown University Law Center
Galina (Allie) Petrova is a top-rated attorney selected to Super Lawyers for 2022 - 2023. She works at Petrova Law PLLC, located in Greensboro, North Carolina, and provides legal services for issues involving Tax: Business and Business / Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions to the surrounding community.
Galina Petrova completed legal studies at Georgetown University Law Center and graduated with the class of 2011. Galina Petrova passed the bar in 2013.
Only a few attorneys from each state are selected to Super Lawyers designation for any given year. The multi-factor selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and evaluations, as well as professional achievement in legal practice.
First Admitted: 2013, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://petrovalaw.com/who-we-are/galina-allie-petrova/
- American Bar Association - Taxation Section - Chair of Committee on Closely Held Businesses Committee (incoming); Vice Chair of Committee on Closely Held Businesses Committee (2017-present); Member (2010-present).
- Greensboro Bar Association - Board Member (2018 - present); Co-Chair, Holiday Party Committee (2018-2019); Co-Chair, High Point Bar Associaiton Liaison (2017-2018); Member (2014 - peresent).
- North Carolina Bar Association, Tax Law Section - Tax Council (2017-present); Treasurer (2020 - present); Chair, Membership Committee (2016-present); Young Lawyers Division Liaison (2016-present); Member (2014-present).
- Section 199A comments concerning the aggregation and disaggregation of trade or business activities. , Task Force Contributor and Co-Author, Initial Comments Concerning the Aggregation and Disaggregation of Trade or Business Activities for Purposes of Section 199A, American Bar Association Section of Taxation's Comments to IRS Commissioner Kautter, 2018
- This articles covers the federal worker classification regime as well as the regimes of North Carolina, California, and Maryland. , Co/Author and Author re North Carolina, Worker Classification Best Practices and Remedies: Options for Professional Practices, The Practical Tax Lawyer by American Bar Association , 2018
- This article covers the new federal audit regime for tax partnerships (IRS Form 1065 filers) as of March 2016.. , Author, The New Partnership Tax Audit Regime: 20 Takeaways, North Carolina Bar Association's Tax Assessments, 2016
- This article covers single sales factor legislation in North Carolina as of October 2015. , Author, State Corporate Income Tax: A Stance on the Sales Factor, North Carolina Bar Association's Tax Assessments, 2015
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- U.S. Tax Court, 2016
- Herb Falk Society for Pro Bono Service - Greensboro Bar Association, 2019
- 40 Under 40 - Triad Business Journal , 2020
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Business Law and Tax/Estate Planning, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina, 2020
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Rising Star, Super Lawyers , 2019
- Legal Elite, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina, 2019
- Tax/Estate Planning, Legal Elite, Business North Carolina, 2018
- Since 2002, Business North Carolina magazine has honored Tar Heel lawyers by publishing Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, a listing of the state’s top lawyers in business-related categories. , Legal Elite, North Carolina Business Magazine, 2017
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2021