Perry C. Henson, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Greensboro, NC
Perry C. Henson, Jr., is a managing partner at Henson & Talley LLP who represents clients in North Carolina. With over four decades of experience, he is extremely knowledgeable about all areas of the law, and focuses his practice on civil litigation, commercial litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, trucking law, insurance defense, legal malpractice defense, workers' compensation law and insurance coverage law.
Since 1977, Mr. Henson has been admitted to practice in the state of North Carolina. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina and the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina.
Mr. Henson graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1974 with a Bachelor of Arts. At the University of North Carolina School of Law, he obtained a Juris Doctor in 1977, graduating with honors and as a member of the mock trial team. Since 1977 he has been a member of The Order of the Barristers, and he is a Life Member of the Greensboro Jaycees.
As an active part of the legal community with decades of experience, Mr. Henson is a member of a large number of organizations. These include the Defense Research Institute, the International Association of Defense Counsel, the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, the American Bar Association, the North Carolina Bar Association, the 18th Judicial District Bar and the Greensboro Bar Association.
About Perry C. Henson, Jr.
First Admitted: 1977, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.hensonlawyers.com/About/Perry-C-Henson-Jr.shtml
- Member, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, 1982 - Present
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, International Association of Defense Counsel, 1990 - Present
- Member, American Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- Member, Eighteenth Judicial District Bar, 1977 - Present
- Member, Greensboro Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina, 1991
- North Carolina, 1977
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina, 1977
- Life Member, Greensboro Jaycees, 1991
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Law School Mock Trial Team; National Quarterfinals, 1977
- Holderness Mock Trial Team, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Law School, 1976 - 1977
- The Order of the Barristers, 1977
- Byrd v. Mortenson, 308 N.C. 536, 302 S.E.2d 809 (1983)
- Wray v. Hughes, 44 N.C.App. 678, 262 S.E.2d 307 (1980)
- Thomasson v. Brown, 66 N.C.App. 683, 311 S.E.2d 628 (1984)
- Lowe v. Tarble, 312 N.C. 467, 323 S.E.2d 19 (1984)
- Martin v. Hare, 78 N.C.App. 358, 337 S.E.2d 632 (1985)
- King v. Allred, 76 N.C.App. 427, 333 S.E.2d 758 (1985)
- E.L. Scott Roofing Co., Inc. v. State, 82 N.C.App. 216, 346 S.E.2d 515 (1986)
- Smithwick v. Crutchfield, 87 N.C.App. 374, 361 S.E.2d 111 (1987)
- Burgess v. Vestal, 99 N.C.App. 545, 393 S.E.2d 324, cert. denied, 327 N.C. 632, 399 S.E.2d 324 (1990)
- Turning Point Industries v. Global Furniture, Inc., 183 N.C. App. 119, 643 S.E.2d 664 (2007)
- Gaston County Dyeing Mach. Co. v. Northfield Ins. Co., 351 N.C. 293, 524 S.E.2d 558 (2000)
- Greene v. Pell & Pell, L.L.P., 144 N.C.App. 602, 550 S.E.2d 522 (2001)
- Campbell v. Bowman, 360 N.C. 478, 630 S.E.2d 924 (2006)
- Simpson v. Sears, Roebuck and Co., 231 N.C.App. 412, 752 S.E.2d 508 (2013)
- DocRx v. EMI Services of N.C., LLC., 367 N.C. 371, 758 S.E. 2d 390, cert. denied, 135 S.Ct. 678, 190 L.Ed.2d 390 (2014)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, B.A. in Political Science, February, 1974
Last Updated: 10/22/2021