Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Greensboro, NC
After earning his degree in political science from Guilford College, Sam attended law school at Southern Methodist University School of Law in Dallas, Texas. In law school, he was active in moot court, mock trial, and was the Chief Counsel for the criminal justice clinic. After graduation, he moved back to North Carolina, where he passed the Bar Exam in 1998.
Sam Spagnola has been assisting families and couples in North Carolina for more than 20 years. His dedication to every client is also what’s gotten him recognition as a Top-Rated Lawyer, Client Champion, and numerous positive reviews from clients.
He has been a Board Certified Family Law Specialist since 2008.
Certificates and Credentials
- North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
About Samuel Spagnola
First Admitted: 1998, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.triadlaw.com/about.htm
- 1997-1998, Chief Counsel, SMU Criminal Justice Clinic; 1997, Brief writer, Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition; 1997-1998, ATLA Mock Trial Team. 1996-1998, President SMU Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy.
- North Carolina Student Legislature, 1990
- B.A. Political Science, Guilford College., 1995
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Candidate for N.C. House 61st District, 2002
- Candidate for Guilford County Commissioner, 2006
Pro bono/Community Service
- Elon Law School Preceptor, 2008
- Board of Directors, Cabarrus County Humane Society, 2000
- Judge, Wade Edwards Mock Trial Competition, 2007
- Article on the interplay of bankruptcy and domestic support obligations and property settlements that focuses on the dischargeability of debt repayment obligations under separation agreements and court orders., Bankruptcy In The Context Of Divorce, Family Forum, NCBA, 2010
- Continuing legal education seminar lecturer (2nd lecture). "When a bankruptcy is filed, it is important to know what steps you need to take to stay out of trouble and to move your domestic case forward. As is the case with all legal controversies, manyscenarios are fact specific. Our intention here is to give you an overview of bankruptcy and it’sapplication to family law by explaining common terms and also providing various scenarioshighlighting the interaction of bankruptcy and family law.", Speaker, Complex Emerging Issues in Family Law: Interplay Between Bankruptcy and Family Law, North Carolina Bar Association , 2020
- Continuing legal education seminar lecturer, Speaker, Complex Emerging Issues in Family Law: Interplay Between Bankruptcy and Family Law, 2019
- CLE speaker on the interplay between family law and bankruptcy. , Speaker, Bankruptcy And Divorce, NC Family Law Specialists, 2014
- Successful appeal of adverse ruling denying father meaningful visitation during holidays and summers. Unpublished opinion. Delancey v. Delancey COA12-1512 (2013)., 2013
- Past President, Greensboro Bar Association Family Law Section 2014-2015, 2014
- Member, Family Law and Bankruptcy Sections of the North Carolina Bar Association. Barrister, American Inns of Court.
- Recertified as Family Law Specialist by NC Board of Legal Specialization , 2019
- Recertified as Family Law Specialist by NC Board of Legal Specialization, 2014
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law, 2008
- Recognized for excellent reviews from clients., Client Champion, Martindale Hubbell, 2021
- Peer review rating of distinguished, BV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2021
- , Client Champion, Martindale Hubbell, 2019
- , Client Champion, Martindale Hubbell, 2020
- , Top Attorney, Avvo, 2020
- 10.0 Rating, Top Attorney Child Custody, Avvo, 2015
- Client's Choice , Avvo, 2015
Last Updated: 8/6/2022