Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Greenville, NC
Attorney Mary-Ann Leon is the founder and owner of The Leon Law Firm in Greenville, North Carolina. A top-rated lawyer with more than 21 years of total legal experience, Ms. Leon devotes her practice solely to employment law, and she provides invaluable counsel and support to clients across her region who have experienced serious violations of their rights as workers.
Along with fighting for the rights and entitlements of employees who have experienced discrimination, sexual harassment in the workplace or have some other serious grievance, such as wage and hour disputes, Ms. Leon also regularly counsels business owners and employers to help them maintain compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and mitigate the potential for future legal issues to arise.
Certified as a mediator by the North Carolina Dispute Resolution Commission, Ms. Leon has resolved numerous employment law matters through negotiation, and she has worked as a mediator as well as a mediator trainer for the Mediation Center of Eastern North Carolina. She is also a highly effective trial attorney who has tried many cases in state, federal and superior courts across her region.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Leon has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers, including a Legal Elite designation from Business North Carolina Magazine. She has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with many testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
Ms. Leon obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1999, and the North Carolina State Bar admitted her to practice that same year. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina. She also holds a master's degree from the University of New Mexico and a Ph.D. from the University of Kansas.
Ms. Leon is an active member of the Pitt County Bar Association, the National Employment Lawyers Association and the North Carolina Bar Association, where she has served as council member to the association's Labor and Employment Law Section. She has also served as chair of the Employment Law Section of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, and she serves as a contract attorney for the North Carolina Association of Educators.
About Mary-Ann Leon
First Admitted: 1999, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.leonlaw.org/meet-mary-ann-leon/
- Joyner v. Perquimans Cnty. Bd. of Educ., 231 N.C. App. 358, 752 S.E.2d 517 (2013). Tobe-Williams v. New Hanover Cnty. Bd. of Educ., 759 S.E.2d 680, (N.C. App. 2014). Feltman v. City of Wilson et al., 767 S.E.2d 615, (N.C. App. 2014)
- University of New Mexico, Master’s Degree
- University of Kansas, Ph.D.
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- Pitt County Bar Association, Member
- Federal district courts in the eastern and middle districts of North Carolina
- North Carolina
- Member, N.C. Bar Association; Labor & Employment Law Section, Council Member 2014-2016; Education Section Council Member, 2014-2016
- Member, N.C. Advocates for Justice, Past Section Chair, Employment Law Section
- Certified Superior Court Mediator, N.C. Dispute Resolution Commission, 2013
- AV- Rated Attorney. The AV rating is a rating of professional excellence, earned through a peer-review rating process monitored by Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Rated Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- North Carolina Advocates For Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022