From representing her clients aggressively in court to amicably settling a dispute, Sherrie C. Smith tirelessly works to represent the people of North Carolina. She is a partner at the firm Robison Smith Law in Indian Trail, North Carolina, and litigates cases across a wide range of legal challenges, including:
- Family law
- Traffic matters
- Estate planning
- Civil litigation/evictions
Ms. Smith is a graduate of the University of North Carolina Wilmington and earned her Bachelor of Science in business administration summa cum laude in 2011. She received the Chancellor’s Achievement Award every semester for excelling in her studies. She enrolled at Charlotte School of Law in the year 2011 and received her Juris Doctor degree magna cum laude in 2014. She was inducted into the Order of the Crown and Phi Delta Phi honor society and served as the associate editor and symposium editor for Charlotte Law Review.
While attending law school, Ms. Smith interned at the Union County District Attorney's Office in Monroe and gained practical knowledge by assisting the District Attorney in various cases. With this experience, she joined a private legal firm based out of Monroe, North Carolina and handled cases involving family law, domestic violence, divorce, child support, child custody, equitable distribution, and alimony.
Being an attorney who focuses on family law, Ms. Smith understands there will be a lot of raw emotions involved in a legal issue. She makes it her primary goal to instill hope in her clients’ mind. She promptly communicates with her clients and takes the burden off their shoulders by navigating them through the case.
Ms. Smith is a member of the Union County Bar Association and has been an officer since 2021. She was formerly a board member at the American Red Cross’s Union County Chapter. She is also a member is other organizations such as the Union County Chamber Women in Business and the North Carolina State Bar.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2014, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://rsfamilylawnc.com/about-us/sherrie-smith/
- Former Board Member for American Red Cross, Union County Chapter
- Union County Chamber of Commerce
- Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star 2021 – a designation that is limited to no more than 2.5% of the attorneys within North Carolina. This selection is based off of an evaluation of 12 indicators including peer recognition and professional achievement in l
- B.S. in Business Administration from University of North Carolina at Wilmington, Summa Cum Laude, 2011
- North Carolina, 2014
- Union County Bar – Current Treasurer, Past Secretary
- Union County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section
Office location for Sherrie C. Smith
6467 Old Monroe Rd
Indian Trail, NC 28079
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2024