Kathryn E. Yates
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Matthews, NC
Kathryn E. Yates is an attorney at Easterling Law PLLC in Matthews, North Carolina. Ms. Yates devotes her practice to family law and divorce. She serves clients throughout the Charlotte, North Carolina, metropolitan region, in Mecklenburg, Union, Gaston, Iredell and Cabarrus counties and in cities such as Ballantyne, Matthews, Waxhaw, Weddington, Marvin, Indian Trail, Wesley Chapel, Myers Park, South Park and Mint Hill.
Ms. Yates earned her law degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law. While pursuing her law degree, she participated in the law school’s Asylum and Human Rights Clinic. Before attending law school, she worked as a legal assistant at a global law firm. While in this role, she was involved with complex litigation matters involving back-dating stock options, insider trading and major corporations.
Ms. Yates chose to practice family law because she is committed to providing personalized, compassionate service to individuals and families. She understands the devastating financial, mental and emotional impact a divorce or another domestic related legal issue can have and strives to provide amicable and efficient solutions.
If a solution cannot be achieved, Ms. Yates has the litigation experience necessary to take a case to trial. She is familiar with all types of family law and divorce issues, including those involving asset dissipation, complex financial issues, custody and visitation.
Before becoming a licensed North Carolina attorney, Ms. Yates practiced family law in Massachusetts for several years. In addition, she interned at the Children’s Law Center of Massachusetts and the Children’s Law Center of Connecticut, focusing on cases involving child welfare and special education.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018, 2020 - 2022
About Kathryn E. Yates
First Admitted: 2011, New York
Professional Webpage: https://easterlingfamilylaw.com/about-charlotte-ballantyne-d...
- North Carolina, 2018
- New York, 2012
- Massachusetts, 2011
Pro bono/Community Service
- Participant, University of Connecticut School of Law, Asylum and Human Rights Clinic
- When arguing😤 in a divorce about who gets to keep what, often it's more about the principle of the matter than your… https://t.co/KooOGqY5l7
- Putting together a child custody & visitation schedule is one of the most emotionally difficult.😓 Click the link to… https://t.co/h0U6EQ60XN
- Divorce can be a long process with serious emotion impacts. Give yourself some time to come to terms with your divo… https://t.co/jCz2etp7Dl
- An amicable divorce 🕊️ is always worth a try, even if not always possible. After all, your marriage isn’t done & du… https://t.co/N5IRxcZGIM
- Kathryn has been selected by Super Lawyers as a 2021 North Carolina Rising Star!✨ Only 2.5% of attorneys in North C… https://t.co/UPZt97Snqh
Last Updated: 7/5/2022