Elizabeth G. Grimes
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Mooresville, North CarolinaGrimes Yeoman, PLLC
As Managing Attorney at Grimes Yeoman, PLLC., Elizabeth "Libby" Grimes handles cases of personal injury for clients in the Greater Charlotte area and throughout the State of North Carolina. As a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, Ms. Grimes is also listed in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. For her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest possible peer rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Grimes obtained her Juris Doctor in 1989 from Wake Forest University School of Law. She was also a member of the Moot Court Board and the Wake Forest Law Review. Before attending law school, she graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Arts in economics. She is a former adjunct professor at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Wake Forest University School of Law.
Representing those who have traumatic brain injuries and serious bodily injuries, Ms. Grimes is admitted to practice in North Carolina state courts and before the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina and the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. She has experience representing physicians, hospitals and insurance carriers, which makes her extremely qualified to obtain compensation for the injured.
A member of the Mecklenburg County Bar, the American Association for Justice, the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina State Bar, Ms. Grimes was a council member for the Workers’ Compensation Section of the North Carolina Bar Association for three years. With over 30 years of experience on both sides of the issue, she is uniquely prepared to handle personal injury cases.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://grimesyeoman.com/about/grimes-elizabeth-g-2/
- AV Preeminent (5.0 of 5.0), Martindale-Hubbell
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, Member
- Wake Forest Law Review, Staff Member
- Moot Court Board, Member, Wake Forest University School of Law
- American Jurisprudence Book Award in Remedies, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Wake Forest Law School First Year Moot Court Competition, Quarterfinalist, Wake Forest University School of Law
- Member Board of Directors, North Carolina Brain Injury Association of North Carolina, Raleigh, NC, (2019 – present)
- Member Board of Directors and Chair Finance Committee, Northern Guilford Music Boosters, Inc., Greensboro, NC (2007 – 2008).
- Member Board of Directors, Greensboro Community Television, Inc. - Public Access Television - Cable 8, Greensboro, NC (September 2004 to 2008; Secretary, July 2005 to 2008).
- American Association for Justice
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, since 2010
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association, Worker’s Compensation Section, Council Member, 1999-2002
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, since 1989
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake Forest Law Review, Member, Wake Forest University School of Law
- Associate Adjunct Professor, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, 2004-2005
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Wake Forest University School of Law, 2008
- Wake Forest University School of Law, 1989
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., Major: Economics, December, 1985
- $6,000,000 – Confidential – Negligent Supervision/Personal Injury/Paralysis – Settlement during litigation and prior to trial for a young female client who was seriously injured and paralyzed from the waist down from falling while doing a backbend unsupervised at a recreational center (Mecklenburg)., 2016
- $3,500,000 - Confidential - Automobile Accident/Wrongful Death – Confidential settlement for the family of a North Carolina woman who was killed when her vehicle was struck by a commercial truck while stopped in traffic., 2020
- $3,000,000 – Automobile Accident – Confidential settlement for a North Carolina elderly client who received a serious head injury as well as fractured legs when he was struck by a commercial truck while standing next to his disabled vehicle while visiting in West Virginia. , 2013
- $1,000,000 Settlement - motor vehicle/truck accident case - settled pre-trial; an elderly women was rearended by a concrete truck during early morning hours and her SUV was forced off an embankment. The plaintiff sustained abdominal and bowel injuries, and underwent two bowel resection surgeries to remove the damaged bowels. As a result of the surgeries, plaintiff suffered bowel incontinence. The plaintiff also had non-displaced fractures in her neck and hand causing discomfort. (Burke County), 2018
- $800,000 – Motorcycle Accident – Pretrial settlement for a 32 year old man who was injured when another vehicle turned left in front of him, causing his bike to collide with the vehicle and his body was ejected from his motorcycle. The client sustained a serious knee injury with several of his ligaments and tendons being torn in his knee, resulting in three knee repair and reconstruction surgeries. (Mecklenburg County, NC), 2017
- $808,585 – Tractor Trailor Accident/Wrongful Death – Settlement for the Estate of a 44 year old male truck driver from North Carolina who was killed when a commercial carrier tractor trailer trunk pulled from the shoulder of the road into the lane of his tractor trailer, causing a severe and violent collision in Arizona., 2017
- $800,000 – Defective Product and Defective Design- Personal Injury – Settlement during litigation at mediation for a 33 year old man who was seriously injured when the bucket lift he was using to change streetlight bulbs in a Wal-Mart parking lot collapsed causing a 35 feet fall. The client sustained multiple fractures in his back that required surgical placement of rods, multiple rib fractures and flail chest, pelvic fracture and a lacerated liver (Catawba County)., 2015
- $1,500,000 – Motorcycle Accident/Negligent Hire/Wrongful Death – Settlement during litigation for a client whose 31 year old son, an Army Sergeant and decorated war hero, was killed when riding his motorcycle off duty and an employee of Caviness and Cates Builders turned left in front of his motorcycle., 2015
- $1,800,000 – Confidential – Automobile Accident/DWI/Negligent Hire/Wrongful Death – Settlement during litigation and at mediation for a client whose elderly father was killed when a drunk driver who was on the clock for an electrical company crossed the center line and caused a head on collision., 2015
- $2,200,000 – Bus Accident – Confidential Settlement after litigation and mediation for a client who was a passenger in a bus, when the bus driver fell asleep and caused the bus to collide with a tractor-trailer resulting in serious fractures to client’s neck, hip and leg . (Mecklenburg County)., 2010
- $1,825,000 – Personal Injury – Settlement during litigation for a client who received multiple internal injuries and serious back injuries when non-secured overhead beams fell on him at a job site. (Mecklenburg, 2013)., 2013
- $1,900,000 – Truck Accident – Settlement after mediation for a client who was driving his automobile when a tractor-trailer made a left turn in front of him causing serious injuries, including fractures to his arm, leg and ankle. (Mecklenburg County, 2010)., 2010
Office location for Elizabeth G. Grimes
179 Gasoline Alley
Mooresville, NC 28117
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024