Raymond E. Dunn, Jr.
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in New Bern, North CarolinaDunn, Pittman, Skinner & Cushman, PLLC
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Employment & Labor; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1979
Education: Wake Forest University School of Law
Dunn, Pittman, Skinner & Cushman, PLLC3230 Country Club Road
PO Drawer 1389
New Bern, NC 28563 Visit website
Raymond E. Dunn Jr. is a partner at the law firm of Dunn, Pittman, Skinner & Cushman, PLLC, in New Bern, North Carolina. As a knowledgeable and experienced attorney, he has successfully resolved and litigated hundreds of cases over the course of his 40-year-old career. He focuses his practice on:
- Business law: complex business disputes and business litigation
- Real estate law: land condemnations, contracts and leases
- Employment law: employment litigation, employment agreements, wage and hour claims, employee discrimination, hiring and terminations, covenants not to compete, and nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements
A 1973 Bachelor of Arts graduate of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Mr. Dunn completed his master’s degree in urban and regional planning from the same university in 1976. In 1979, he earned his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University. While there, he served as a member of the Wake Forest Law Review.
A member of the Employment Law sections of the North Carolina Bar Association and the American Bar Association, Mr. Dunn was first admitted to practice in North Carolina in 1979. He has also handled a number of cases before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
Mr. Dunn takes pride in giving back to his community. He was one of the founders of the Neuse River Foundation and is a member of the New Bern Area Chamber of Commerce. He has served as a board member for the Craven County Tourism Development Authority, the Neuse Center For Mental Health, and the Eastern Carolina Aviation Heritage Foundation.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Employment & Labor: Employee
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws
- 50% Business Litigation
- 50% Employment & Labor: Employee
First Admitted: 1979, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.dunnpittman.com/raymond-e-dunn-jr
- Neuse River Foundation, Founder
- Eastern Carolina Aviation Heritage Foundation, Vice Chair
- Neuse Mental Health Center, Board of Directors
- Former Officer and Director of New Bern Civitan Club
- Craven County Tourism Development Authority
- New Bern Chamber of Commerce
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Staff Member, Wake Forest Law Review (1977-1979)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. (1973)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning (1976)
Office location for Raymond E. Dunn, Jr.
3230 Country Club Road
PO Drawer 1389
New Bern, NC 28563
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023