John G. (Jay) Vannoy, Jr.
Top rated criminal defense attorney in North Wilkesboro, North CarolinaVannoy, Colvard, Triplett & Vannoy, P.L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1992
Education: Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law
Vannoy, Colvard, Triplett & Vannoy, P.L.L.C.922 C Street
PO Box 1388
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659 Visit website
As partner of Vannoy, Colvard, Triplett & Vannoy, P.L.L.C., John G. "Jay" Vannoy, Jr., is committed to representing clients in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina. He focuses his practice on criminal defense cases that involve traffic violations, felonies, drug charges, murder, vehicular homicide, assaults, sex offenses and theft. Mr. Vannoy serves clients in Wilkes County and the surrounding area, including Watauga, Surry, Yadkin, Ashe and Alleghany.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science in justice and policy from Guilford College, Mr. Vannoy went on to earn a Juris Doctor in 1992 from Campbell Law School.
With more than 28 years of experience, Mr. Vannoy dedicates his practice to litigation. He has brought more than 75 cases to trial, successfully defending clients who face criminal charges. The Board of Legal Specialization of the North Carolina State Bar has certified Mr. Vannoy as a specialist in criminal law, and he uses his keen understanding of the legal process in order to secure favorable outcomes for clients. A member of the North Carolina State Bar, Mr. Vannoy is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina.
Mr. Vannoy is sometimes called upon to share his legal knowledge with others, teaching trial skills and delivering lectures on criminal defense. Active in the legal community, he holds memberships with the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He has also served his community through several local organizations such as the Rainbow Center – Children & Family Services and the Wilkes Community College Foundation. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Window World Inc. and the Board of Trustees for Wilkes Community College. When he is not in the courtroom, Mr. Vannoy enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons as well as participating in outdoor activities including hunting and playing golf.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 90% Criminal defense
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.vannoylaw.com/Attorneys/John-G-Vannoy-Jr.shtml
- Voted Best Attorney, in Best of Wilkes County, Wilkes Journal- Patriot poll
- Window World Inc., Board of Directors; Wilkes Community College, Board of Trustees
- Lectured on criminal defense topics and taught trial skills, Continuing Legal Education seminars sponsored by the UNC School of Government, NC Indigent Defense Services and the NC Bar Association
- Order of Old Kivett
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Criminal Defense, 2008 - 2021
- Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- Twenty-Third Judicial District Bar, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- North Carolina, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- Wilkes County Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Board Certified Specialist in State Criminal Law, North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization
- Guilford College, Greensboro, North Carolina, B.S., Major: Justice and Policy, 1989
Office location for John G. (Jay) Vannoy, Jr.
922 C Street
PO Box 1388
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Criminal Law State