Eva DuBuisson specializes in education law. Ms. DuBuisson has represented public school systems across North Carolina with Tharrington Smith since 2007 and serves as general counsel to multiple boards of education. She has successfully represented her clients in state and federal court and the N.C. Office of Administrative Hearings, and before agencies including the EEOC, U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights, and N.C. Department of Public Instruction. Eva has served as a member of the Education Law Section Council for the N.C. Bar Association and has been named a “Rising Star” by North Carolina Super Lawyers. She is a frequent speaker to legal and educational audiences on legal issues impacting public schools.
She received her law degree with high honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law in 2007, and has earned a Master of Public Policy degree from the Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy at Duke University.
First Admitted: 2007, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://tharringtonsmith.com/our_attorneys/eva-dubuisson/
- Public Policy, Duke University A.B., Duke University
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Education Law Section
- 10th Judicial District Bar, Member, 2007
- Wake County Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Best Law Firms, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2017