F. Hill Allen
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Raleigh, NC
Hill Allen is a partner in the firm and handles a broad range of civil and criminal litigation. His practice areas and past cases include:
White Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations, criminal, civil and regulatory – defending those under investigation or charged by federal and state law enforcement and administrative agencies. Mr. Allen has represented entities and individuals in investigations by federal grand juries in North Carolina and other states, as well as federal agencies including the FBI, HHS-OIG, the SEC, EPA, IRS/Treasury, Dept. of Agriculture, and DOD-OIG. At the state level, Mr. Allen has represented those under investigation by NC Department of Justice (NC DOJ), the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) and local law enforcement, as well as state agencies including NC’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU), the State Board of Elections, the Securities Division of the NC Secretary of State’s Office, the Consumer Protection Division of NC DOJ, the Dept. of Revenue, the Dept. of Insurance, NC DENR, and North Carolina licensing boards (the State Bar, Medical Board and Real Estate Commission). Mr. Allen has represented national and international companies as well as business executives, legal, medical and financial professionals and other individuals. One area of emphasis is healthcare fraud matters, including Medicare and Medicaid investigations and related False Claims Act and qui tam (or “whistleblower”) cases. He also has substantial experience defending criminal and FCA cases relating to government contracting. Among other high-profile cases, he defended Marion Jones in a multi-jurisdiction federal prosecution that drew international scrutiny.
- Defense of FCPA investigations
- Defense of environmental crimes
- Defense of customs
- Representation of current and former employees of companies under investigation
Complex Civil Litigation – ranging from class actions to contract, unfair trade practices and other commercial litigation to the trial of Hatch-Waxman (ANDA) cases and other intellectual property matters. Mr. Allen concentrates much of his time on federal litigation, but welcomes matters in the North Carolina Business Court and other state courts.
Wrongful Death and Serious Personal Injuries – representing the families of those killed in automobile (including drunk driving), aviation, and workplace accidents (including propane and other explosions). Mr. Allen handles select matters involving serious personal injuries.
About F. Hill Allen
First Admitted: 1992, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://raleighcriminal.law/lawyers/f-hill-allen/
- Mr. Allen has been continuously listed in Best Lawyers in America's White Collar Criminal Defense Section since 2012., Best Lawyers in America: White Collar Criminal Defense Section, Best Lawyers in America
- Mr. Allen received his AV Preeminent Rating in 2004 with a 5 of 5 Overall Peer Rating., AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated Attorney, Martindale-Hubbell, 2004
- Mr. Allen has been listed in Business North Carolina Magazine's Legal Elite's Criminal Defense section since 2004., North Carolina's Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2004
Last Updated: 5/15/2022