J. Jackson Hardison
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Raleigh, North CarolinaHardison & Cochran
With more than 18 years of legal experience, Joel J. Hardison is an attorney at the North Carolina-based law firm Hardison & Cochran, serving clients throughout Raleigh, Fayetteville, Wilmington, Greenville and Greensboro, North Carolina. He is a board-certified specialist in workers’ compensation law by the North Carolina State Bar and handles personal injury cases including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Nursing home abuse
- Wrongful death
- Social Security Disability
Mr. Hardison received his college education from the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill, from where he received his B.A. in journalism and mass communication in 1999. He continued his studies at the UNC School of Law, completing his doctorate in jurisprudence in 2004. He was named to the dean’s list and was a member of UNC’s Holderness Moot Court.
Rated 8.9/10 on Avvo, Mr. Hardison’s services extend from legal counseling and initial case filings to appeals at district courts. After four years of defending insurance companies, he shifted his primary focus to fighting for the rights of employees. Years of practice advocating for the other side gave him a wholesome picture of how insurance companies work. He uses the insights to his advantage in helping his clients contest legally against injustice.
A verdict worth about $3.5 million procured by Mr. Hardison was featured in the North Carolina Lawyers Weekly as one of the notable cases of 2015. He represents clients with a commitment to support injured and disabled employees who have been wronged and finds satisfaction in his efforts for a cause.
Mr. Hardison has memberships at the North Carolina Bar Association’s Workers’ Compensation Section, the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the Wake County Bar Association and several others.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant
- 100% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 2004, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.lawyernc.com/our-attorneys/joel-hardison/
- B.A. degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina in 1999
- Rainey v. N.C. Department of Correction
- Lawyers Weekly (January 3rd, 2011)
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Workers’ Compensation Section Council
- Wake County Bar Association
- 10th Judicial Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- North Carolina State Bar
- Board-Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law
Office location for J. Jackson Hardison
7340 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27615
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
Certificates and credentials
Workers' Compensation Law