Top rated criminal defense attorney in Raleigh, North CarolinaDobson Law
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI, White collar crimes; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2019
Jeff Dobson is the founder of Dobson Law Firm, PLLC, located in Raleigh, North Carolina. He focuses his practice mainly on criminal defense, family law and law enforcement liability. Providing knowledgeable counsel to his clients, he takes on criminal defense matters such as DUI/DWI, reckless driving, assault and battery, drug charge, theft and larceny, breaking and entering, and probation violations.
Mr. Dobson also takes on family law cases such as divorce, alimony, equitable distribution of assets, child support and custody, and protective orders. After high school, he joined the army and served in Afghanistan, Iraq and other localities until he retired. This experience helps him understand clients who are dealing with military divorce, VA disability payments and so on.
Mr. Dobson decided to go to law school and obtained his Juris Doctor from the Campbell University Law School after his retirement from the military. After which, he worked as an assistant district attorney intern at the Lee County District Attorney’s Office and the Wake County District Attorney’s Office. He also served as a law clerk at a prominent law firm.
After retiring from the Army, Mr. Dobson believed that by opening his own law firm, he would be able to continue serving the community. He is an empathetic attorney and is mindful of the significant emotional, psychological and financial impacts that a family law or criminal defense matter may have on an individual. Mr. Dobson strives to meet his clients’ needs and goals in the most cost-effective manner, providing them with personalized attention and effective advocacy.
For his exceptional work in the legal field, Mr. Dobson has a “Good” rating on Avvo, along with many endorsements from his peers and testimonials from his clients. He is admitted to practice in all of North Carolina, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal defense: white collar
Assault & battery, Drug & alcohol violations, Murder, Sex offenses, DUI/DWI
- 60% Criminal defense
- 30% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 2019, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.dobsonlawnc.com/attorney/dobson-jeff/
- Western District of North Carolina Federal Courts, 2020
- Eastern District of North Carolina Federal Court, 2020
- Expertise Best DWI Attorney in Raleigh, 2021
- Business North Carolina, Legal Elite for Criminal Defense., 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021
- Do you want to know what an officer looks for when they make you do field sobriety tests? Here is a vlog so you know. , Standard Field Sobriety Tess, 2021
- This discusses clues that law enforcement officers look for when they suspect someone of DWI, DWI, what law enforcement looks for, 2021
- This video discusses concerns regarding what many children are sharing on social media, and the charges that could result because of it, Do you know the consequences of your child's actions on social media?, 2021
- This video covers the importance of talking to an attorney before answering questions by law enforcement, Why you should talk to an attorney before talking to law enforcement, 2021
- Client was charged with murder and other high level felonies more than a year after the alleged incident. Law Enforcement Officer took out charges prior to talking with DA's office and refused to turn over discovery. At PC hearing, murder charge were dismissed and has not been recharged after six months., 2021
- Obtained a conditional discharge for a client charged with six counts of B/E of a motor vehicle, possession of a stolen firearm, felony assault on a law enforcement officer, felony possession of marijuana, and possession with intent to distribute. Client successfully completed and items are pending expungement. , 2021
- Client was facing several new sex crime related felonies while on probation and parole. On the new charges, we manage to negotiation a suspended sentence plea with no active time. At the parole hearing, despite facing five years in jail if the commission revoked parole, I was able to get the Parole Commission to reinstate parole. Client was released from jail with 48 hours of the Parole Hearing. , 2021
- Obtained a not guilty on felony stalking, breaking or entering for the intent to terrorize, DVPO violation, and damage to real property., 2021
- A Johnston County client had multiple felonies dismissed, including robbery with a dangerous weapon, assault with a deadly weapon, and possession of a stolen firearm, after a probable cause hearing showed the state lacked sufficient evidence to prove the alleged crimes, 2020
- Defendant was charged with drug trafficking, maintaining a vehicle for the purpose of distributing drugs, and a few other minor infractions. Charge were dismiss after the state lost a probable cause where the judge ruled the officer did not have sufficient basis to search the defendant, 2020
Office location for Jeff Dobson
1130 Situs Ct
Raleigh, NC 27606
- Rising Stars: 2022 - 2023