Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Raleigh, NC
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022
Jeffrey R. Russell is a Board Certified Specialist in Family Law and a partner in the Family Law section at Tharrington Smith, LLP. His practice is concentrated in family law and appeals. Before joining the firm in 2013, he clerked for the Honorable John C. Martin, Chief Judge of the North Carolina Court of Appeals. Jeff earned his undergraduate degree in political science from Furman University and subsequently graduated magna cum laude from the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University.
Jeff is a national member of the Order of the Barristers, the Wake County Bar Association, and the Family Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association. He has served as a coach for Campbell Law’s moot court team, volunteered for the North Carolina Bar Association’s 4All Statewide Service Day, and is a guest lecturer for the University of North Carolina Law School’s Family Law Practice Seminars. He has been selected to North Carolina Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” continuously since 2016.
A Western North Carolina native, Jeffrey enjoys numerous outdoor activities such as backpacking, snow skiing, running, and SCUBA diving. On weekends he can also be found working on his project Jeep JKU.
Certificates and Credentials
- North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
About Jeffrey Russell
First Admitted: 2012, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://tharringtonsmith.com/our_attorneys/jeffrey-r-russell...
Pro bono/Community Service
- North Carolina Bar Association 4ALL
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- Order of the Barristers, National Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Member
- Furman University, B.S., Political Science, 1999
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law; North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization, 2018
- Mastny v. Mastny, COA17-1171; May 15, 2018
- Mastny v. Mastny, No. COA16-440; February 21, , 2017
- Tuel v. Tuel, No. COA19-691; March 17, , 2020
- McDowell v. Buchman, No. COA19-945; July 7, , 2020
- Johnson v. Johnson, No. COA17-502; June 5, , 2018
- , Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Best Law Firms, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®
- Rising Star, North Carolina Super Lawyers
Last Updated: 8/5/2022