Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Raleigh, NC
Joe Nanney is an attorney at the law firm of Meynardie & Nanney, PLLC, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Mr. Nanney practices business litigation, construction litigation, intellectual property litigation and personal injury law. He represents clients in the Raleigh-Durham and Chapel Hill areas, as well as throughout Wake County, North Carolina.
With over 25 years of legal experience, Mr. Nanney has litigated many complex disputes. His clients include personal injury plaintiffs, physicians, real estate agents, retailers, small business owners and software creators. Over the course of his career, he has resolved cases for his clients through bench trials and jury trials, as well as through arbitration and mediation.
In his intellectual property law practice, Mr. Nanney has appeared before agencies including the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Additionally, he has appeared on behalf of clients before the North Carolina State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners, the North Carolina Medical Board, the North Carolina Board of Architecture and the North Carolina Licensing Board for General Contractors.
Honored for his exceptional legal capability and high ethical standards, Mr. Nanney holds an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This is the organization’s highest available rating. Business North Carolina magazine included him in its 2014 “legal elite hall of fame.”
Mr. Nanney graduated summa cum laude from Mars Hill University with a bachelor’s degree. He received his law degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all North Carolina state courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Joe Nanney
First Admitted: 1991, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://nc-businesslawyer.com/joe-nanney
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2012 – 2017, in the areas of Intellectual Property Litigation, Construction Litigation, Business Litigation
- Legal Elite Hall of Fame, NC Business Magazine, 2014
- Joe was pleased to be name the 2014 Construction Lawyer of the Year by his peers. In a survey conducted by Business North Carolina magazine, Joe received the most votes in the Construction Law category., Construction Lawyer of the Year, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2014
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mars Hill College, B.M., Summa Cum Laude, 1983
- Editor, North Carolina Law Review, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Closely Held Business
- Real Estate Development
- Small Business
Last Updated: 8/6/2022