Jonathan S. Melton
Top rated Family Law attorney in Raleigh, North CarolinaGailor Hunt Davis Taylor & Gibbs, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 2011
Education: North Carolina Central University School of Law
Gailor Hunt Davis Taylor & Gibbs, PLLC1101 Haynes Street
Raleigh, NC 27604 Visit website
Attorney Jonathan S. Melton is a partner with Gailor Hunt Davis Taylor & Gibbs, PLLC, law firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. Board certified as a family law specialist by the North Carolina State Bar, Mr. Melton has more than nine years of total legal experience, and he provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Triangle Region and surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Melton clerked for the Honorable Richard A. Elmore of the North Carolina Court of Appeals, and he has extensive experience handling family law appeals. A highly versatile attorney, he handles all aspects of his clients' divorces through every stage of the process, and he has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge, outstanding trial and negotiation skills, and his unwavering dedication to helping his clients achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his success, Mr. Melton has earned consistent top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and he has received a Best Under 40 "Young Guns" designation as well as a Legal Elite designation from Business North Carolina Magazine. He also received the 40 Under 40 Leadership Award from the Triangle Business Journal along with Superb client ratings on Avvo.
After graduating from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, Mr. Melton obtained his Juris Doctor from North Carolina Central University School of Law in 2011. A leader in his field, he has served as chapter editor of the North Carolina Family Law Case Book, and he routinely conducts lectures and continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
In addition, Mr. Melton has served as treasurer of the North Carolina Bar Association's Family Law Section, and he is a member of the American Bar Association, the Wake County Bar Association, the Tenth Judicial District and the Wake County Bar Committee. Outside his legal practice, he serves as elected member to the Raleigh City Council, and he serves on the board of directors of the Tammy Lynn Center.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2011, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.divorceistough.com/attorney/jonathan-melton/
- Board Certified Specialist in Family Law
- Phi Delta Phi
- NC Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina
- Aftermath of SCOTUS Marriage Equality Decision, Atty at L. Mag. N.C. Triangle, Vol. 3, No. 4, at 24 (2015)
- At-Large Councilor, Raleigh City Council
- Board of Directors, TLC (formerly, "Tammy Lynn Center")
- Treasurer, North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Section
- Super Lawyers, North Carolina Rising Star, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Triangle Business Journal 40 Under 40 Leadership Award, 2020
- Raleigh Magazine, Thirty in Their 30’s, 2020
- Business North Carolina Magazine, Legal Elite: Family Law (2017) and Best Under 40 (2017)
- Legal Elite, Family Law and Young Guns, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2017
- NC State University, B.A. in Political Science, 2008
Office location for Jonathan S. Melton
1101 Haynes Street
Raleigh, NC 27604
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023