Kimberly T. Miller
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Raleigh, NC
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2016
Attorney Kimberly T. Miller is a partner with Owens & Miller PLLC law firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 14 years of total legal experience, Ms. Miller provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across her region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Personal injury
· Wrongful death
· Premises liability
· Auto accident
· Commercial truck accidents
As an attorney, Ms. Miller has recovered millions of dollars in total compensation for her plaintiff injury clients, earning her membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. She also holds the distinction of having secured some of the largest verdicts and settlements ever awarded in the state, including a $1.5 million dollar settlement in 2015.
Honored for her remarkable professionalism and outstanding client service, Ms. Miller has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with consistent recognition from her peers as being among the top 5% of lawyer in her region. She has also received the Distinguished Alumna Award Winner from Campbell University as well as the Wake County Bar Association President’s Award. In addition, North Carolina Lawyer’s Weekly Women named her a Justice Rising Star Honoree in 2012.
A graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ms. Miller began her legal career in 2007 after obtaining her Juris Doctor from Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law and her license to practice from the North Carolina State Bar.
Active with her alma mater, Ms. Miller serves on the Alumni Association board of director for Campbell Law School, where she chaired the board from 2017 to 2018. She is also an active leader with the Wake County Bar Association, having chaired the WCBA's Bar Awards, Fundraiser for Legal Aid in 2019. She has also served on the organization's board of directors, and she continues to serve as mentor with the WCBA/Campbell Law School Mentorship Program.
Ms. Miller is also a member of the North Carolina Bar Association and the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, where she has served as editor of the North Carolina Manual of Complaints.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Kimberly T. Miller
First Admitted: 2007, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://owensmiller.com/lawyers/kimberly-miller/
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Co - Chair, NCAJ New Lawyers Division Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2012
- Vice Chair - Campbell Law Alumni Board, 2015
- Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Member, Tenth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, Judicial Endorsement Committee, 2014
- Member, Wake County Bar Association.
- Member, North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, 2012
- Chair of the Campbell Law Alumni Board of Directors, 2017
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2004
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer, Co - Attorney Advisor for NCAJ Enloe High School Mock Trial Team, 2012
- Chair, Wake County Bar Association Bar Awards. The WCBA Bar Awards is a fundraiser for Legal Aid of North Carolina. As chair, I am in charge of the whole show and fundraising efforts. , 2019
- Volunteer, Co - Attorney Advisor for NCAJ Enloe High School Mock Trial Team., 2014
- Volunteer - Scoring Juror, NCAJ High School Mock Trial Competition, 2012
- Volunteer, Co - Attorney Advisor for NCAJ Enloe High School Mock Trial Team., 2013
- Settled Motor Vehicle Wreck Case for $1.5 million. Settlement was confidential but was featured in N.C. Lawyer's Weekly Top 25 Settlements and Verdicts for 2015., 2015
- Compilation of Complaints for Personal Injury Cases, Editor, North Carolina Manual of Complaints, Seventh Edition, NCAJ and Lexis Nexis, Plaintiff's Bar, 2017
- Speaker, Handling Auto Injury Claims, National Business Institute, Speaker, Handling Auto Injury Claims, National Business Institute, National Business Institute, 2009
- Speaker, Handling Auto Injury Claims, National Business Institute, Speaker, Handling Auto Injury Claims, National Business Institute, 2010
- Speaker, Insurance Considerations in Litigating Personal Injury Cases, NCBA Paralegal Division Annual Conference, Speaker, Insurance Considerations in Litigating Personal Injury Cases, North Carolina Bar Association Paralegal Division Annual Conference, 2011
- Panelist, Trial of a Motor Vehicle Accident Case, NCAJ, 2013
- Program Chair and Speaker, New Admittee Professionalism Program - Organization of Your Law Office - The Basics, NCAJ, 2012
- Presented by the President of the WCBA "For exemplary and Dedicated Service to the Legal Profession and the Citizens of Wake County.", President's Award of Excellence, Wake County Bar Association, 2017
- The Rising Star Award is awarded to women lawyers 40 years old and younger or within the first 10 years of practice who have already made a difference in the justice system or the profession and who appear on a path toward even greater accomplishment., Honoree for the Women of Justice Rising Star Award, North Carolina Lawyers Weekly, 2012
- I was one of 3 Alumni across the entire Campbell University System to be honored as a Distinguished Alumnist. , Campbell University Distinguished Alumni Award, Campbell University, 2018
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2016
- Legal Elite, Business North Carolina Magazine, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers Association Top 40 under 40: Top 40 under 40 is a new professional organization comprised of America’s top young trial attorneys. Membership intoThe National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 under 40 is by invitation only and is extended exclusively to those individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40. Selection is based on a thorough multi-phase process which includes peer nominations combined with third-party research. The result is a credible, comprehensive and impressive list of young attorneys chosen to represent their state. http://40under40.thenationaltriallawyers.org/, The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Laywers, 2012
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2015
Last Updated: 5/15/2022