Reginald B. Gillespie, Jr.
Top rated business litigation attorney in Raleigh, North CarolinaWilson Ratledge, PLLC
A highly regarded civil litigator, Reginald B. Gillespie, Jr., is an attorney at Wilson Ratledge PLLC. Working out of the firm’s office in Raleigh, he represents clients in the greater Raleigh-Durham metropolitan area and throughout the state of North Carolina.
Born and raised in North Carolina, Mr. Gillespie majored in political science and economics at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and obtained a Bachelor of Arts in 1980. Remaining on campus for his legal education, he enrolled at The University of North Carolina School of Law, and he served on the North Carolina Law Review and was a member of the school’s honor court before being awarded his Juris Doctor with honors in 1983.
Mr. Gillespie has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in litigation at the trial and appellate levels. The types of cases that he has worked on have included breach of contract actions, partner and shareholder disputes, bad faith and other insurance coverage issues, technology, construction law, labor and employment, land use and zoning, real estate disputes, creditors' rights, and municipal and law enforcement liability. Mr. Gillespie has been able to obtain favorable results for his clients both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, and this successful track record has earned him the respect of his colleagues, as evidenced by his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and other honors.
Admitted to practice in North Carolina since 1983, Mr. Gillespie is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of several professional organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Business/corporate, Civil litigation: defense, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Construction litigation: business, General litigation, State, local & municipal
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Contracts, Litigation, Restraining order
- 40% Business litigation
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Civil litigation: defense
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Construction litigation: business
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Other
First Admitted: 1983, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.wrlaw.com/attorneys/reginald-b-gillespie-jr/
- Ravenscroft School in Raleigh, Fundraising Volunteer, and a Fundraising Leader
- North Hills Club, Inc., Member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- UNC Law School, UNC Law Review, Member
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science & Economics, 1980
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- All North Carolina Appellate and Trial Courts
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Inns of Court, Craven-Everett Inn
- Wake County Bar Association
- UNC Law School, Law School Honor Court & Law School Attorney General, UNC School of Law, 1983
- Martindale-Hubbell’s “AV” rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 1988
Office location for Reginald B. Gillespie, Jr.
4600 Marriott Drive, Suite 400
Raleigh, NC 27612
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023