Top Rated Schools & Education Attorney in Raleigh, NC
Rod Malone came to Tharrington Smith in 1989. He grew up in Raleigh and graduated from North Carolina State University with a degree in electrical engineering in 1986. Mr. Malone earned his law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1989.
At Tharrington Smith, Mr. Malone's practice concentrates on education and construction law. His education law work includes representation of local school boards in employment cases, policy development and student issues. He also specializes in construction litigation, public bidding issues, and condemnation.
Mr. Malone was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar in 1989. He is admitted to practice before the federal courts in the Eastern District of North Carolina. Mr. Malone is a member of the American, North Carolina, and Wake County bar associations, the National Council of School Attorneys, and the North Carolina Council of School Attorneys. Mr. Malone currently serves on the National School Board Association Council of School Attorneys' Board of Directors. He also currently serves on the executive committee of the North Carolina Council of School Attorneys and is a former member of the North Carolina Bar Association's Dispute Resolution Section Council.
Mr. Malone has published the following articles on education law topics: Amendments to Laws Governing Public Construction Projects, 8 Education Law Newsletter No. 1, at 9 (N.C. Bar Assn, December 1995); Counselor's Corner - Posters in the Workplace, VOICE (NCSBA, Spring 1992); Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, VOICE (NCSBA 1990).
About Rod Malone
First Admitted: 1989, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://tharringtonsmith.com/our_attorneys/rod-malone/
- Best Law Firms, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®
- BV Distinguished Peer Rated Lawyer , Martindale Hubbell
- North Carolina State University, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1986
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, 1989
- North Carolina Council of School Attorneys, Member, 1989
- American Bar Association, Member, 1989
- National Council of School Attorneys, Member, 1989
- North Carolina State Bar, 1989
- Wake County Bar Association, Member, 1989
Last Updated: 5/15/2022