Ralph W. Meekins
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Shelby, NC
Prior to co-founding the Shelby, North Carolina, legal firm of Teddy Meekins & Talbert, PLLC, in 1994, Ralph W. Meekins litigated cases throughout North Carolina as an attorney with a well-known Raleigh law firm. Most of Mr. Meekins' current clients are residents of the southwestern part of the state. He devotes his practice to assisting individuals in cases involving personal injury litigation, workers' compensation and Social Security Disability matters. The National Board of Trial Advocacy has certified Mr. Meekins in civil trial law, and he is board-certified as a mediator as well. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western, Middle and Eastern Districts of North Carolina as well as all North Carolina state courts.
Mr. Meekins graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Science in psychology and physical education. He then pursued his legal studies at Campbell University School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor with distinction in 1986.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Meekins has been held in high esteem by his fellow professionals. He has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, and he is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He additionally holds an AV Preeminent* rating from his peers through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer-review rating through Avvo.
An active participant in numerous professional and civic organizations, Mr. Meekins is a former president of the Cleveland County Bar Association. He is also an original member of the North Carolina Academy of Superior Court Mediators, and he is a former chair of both the Cleveland County Family YMCA and the Dover Foundation YMCA.
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 0%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
About Ralph W. Meekins
First Admitted: 1986, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: http://www.teddyandmeekins.com/our-firm/our-attorneys/ralph-...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past Chairman, Board for the Cleveland County YMCA
- Past Chair, Dover Foundation YMCA, Shelby
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- President, Cleveland County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- Member, North Carolina Academy of Superior Court Mediators
- Chairman, Litigation Section, North Carolina Bar Association, 2001
- Member, Cleveland County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Board of Governors, North Carolina Bar Association, 2005
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- Member of the Board of Trustees, North Carolina Bar Association Health Benefit Trust
- Associate Editor for the Law Review, Campbell Law School
- Recipient of a Merit Scholarship, Campbell Law School
- Phi Kappa Phi
- North Carolina Super Lawyer, 2006
- President, Moot Court Board, Campbell Law School
- Recognized as an Outstanding attorney, America’s Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- Recognized as a Top 100 Lawyer in the State of North Carolina, The National Trial Lawyer Association
- Member, National Moot Court Team, Campbell Law School
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, B.S., Psychology and Physical Education
- Board Certified Mediator, 1994
- Board Certified in the area of Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
Last Updated: 5/15/2022