Luther D. Starling, Jr.
Top rated General Litigation attorney in Smithfield, North CarolinaDaughtry Woodard Lawrence & Starling LLP
Practice Areas: General Litigation
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1990
Education: Wake Forest University School of Law
Daughtry Woodard Lawrence & Starling LLP405 E Market St
PO Drawer 1960
Smithfield, NC 27577 Visit website
Attorney Luther D. Starling Jr. is the managing partner of the law firm of Daughtry, Woodard, Lawrence, & Starling, with offices in Smithfield and Clinton, North Carolina. He has 30-plus years of experience representing clients in all types of complex civil litigation matters.
Prompt, professional and customer-oriented, Mr. Starling is dedicated to building a lasting relationship with his clients to understand their needs better and strategize with their best interests in mind. Due to his diverse approach to litigation, he enables his clients to confidently overcome the legal challenges they encounter along the way, regardless of the complexity of their cases.
Majoring in business administration, Mr. Starling completed his bachelor’s degree in 1987 at Campbell University and was featured in the United States Directory of Outstanding Young Men in America. He attended Wake Forest University School of Law to receive his Juris Doctor in 1990, winning American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Contracts and an entry to the dean’s list.
Authorized to practice in North Carolina, the District of Columbia and Georgia, Mr. Starling is an extensively involved member of the Clinton community and local organizations. He is a member of the North Carolina State Bar, the Georgia State Bar, the First Baptist Church in Clinton, the Masonic Lodge and the Hiram Lodge #98.
Apart from serving his seventh term as the mayor of Clinton, Mr. Starling has been operating in various capacities in the Sampson Regional Medical Center, the Clinton-Sampson County Airport Authority, the Campbell University Board and the Johnston Memorial Hospital. In January 2010, he delivered the keynote speech at the Martin Luther King Jr. event.
Mr. Starling’s track record has earned him several honors and recognitions, including:
· The North Carolina Bar Association’s Citizen Lawyer Award
· The Business Committee’s Martin Luther King Jr. Award
· The Clinton-Sampson Chamber of Commerce’s 2012 Outstanding Chamber Member of the Year
· Inclusion in the list of the Best Lawyers in America
· A “Good” rating on Avvo
Practice areasGeneral Litigation
- 100% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1990
Professional Webpage: https://www.dwlslaw.com/attorney/luther-d-starling-jr/
- Campbell University, Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration - 1987, Honors: President of the Adam Smith Club, Campbell’s second largest club, Honors: Listed in the United States Directory of “Outstanding Young Men in America”
- Clinton High School, Honors: President of the Senior Class, Honors: President of Future Farmers of America, Honors: American Farmer degree, Honors: Voted “most likely to succeed” by his senior classmates
Office location for Luther D. Starling, Jr.
405 E Market St
PO Drawer 1960
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023