Kevin J. Williams
Top rated personal injury attorney in Winston-Salem, North CarolinaLaw Office of Kevin J. Williams, PLLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Civil litigation, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in North Carolina since: 1996
Education: Wake Forest University School of Law
Law Office of Kevin J. Williams, PLLC844 W. Fourth St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101 Visit website
Kevin J. Williams is a personal injury attorney in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with over 25 years of legal experience. Mr. Williams is the founder of the Law Office of Kevin J. Williams, PLLC, and serves clients in Greensboro and Winston-Salem, the High Point metropolitan area and throughout the state of North Carolina.
Mr. Williams handles many types of personal injury cases. He has experience with tractor-trailer collisions, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability and workers’ compensation. In addition to personal injury, he represents businesses in contract litigation, employment agreement and shareholder disputes and business torts such as misrepresentation and fraud.
Recognizing his commitment to high ethical standards and legal ability, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Williams an AV* preeminent peer review rating. Over the years, he has spoken at several continuing legal education conferences and authored pieces for legal publications. He is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the American Association for Justice.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Williams is passionate about serving his local community and supports many organizations including the Arts Council of Winston-Salem & Forsyth County, the Brenner Children’s Hospital and the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina. He is also a former president and board chairperson of Hope, a nonprofit organization committed to feeding hungry children in the local area.
After earning a bachelor's degree from Duke University, Mr. Williams graduated from Wake Forest Law. He is qualified to practice law before all North Carolina state and federal courts, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Business litigation, Business/corporate, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Workers' compensation: claimant
Motor vehicle accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical malpractice
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Business litigation
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 10% Workers' compensation: claimant
First Admitted: 1996, North Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://kevinjwilliamslaw.com/about/
- Operation Homefront
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol
- North Carolina Trooper’s Association
- President and Chairman of the Board of H.O.P.E.
- I am the author of the chapter entitled "Identifying, Retaining and Training Expert Witnesses" contained in the book entitled Personal Injury Practice in North Carolina, Author, Identifying, Retaining and Training Expert Witnesses, Personal Injury Practice in North Carolina, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury
- Rising Star, North Carolina’s Super Lawyers magazine, 2009 - 2011
- Superb Rating, Avvo
- AV preeminent lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer, medical malpractice litigation, North Carolina’s Super Lawyers magazine, 2015
- Super Lawyer, medical malpractice litigation, North Carolina’s Super Lawyers magazine, 2012 - 2014
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- North Carolina federal district and state courts
- President, Forsyth County Bar’s Young Lawyers’ Division
- American Association for Justice
- NCAJ Membership Co-Chair, Auto Torts Section, 2010
- Duke University, 1993
Office location for Kevin J. Williams
844 W. Fourth St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2011