Susan H. Gray
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Winston-Salem, NC
Attorney Susan H. Gray is the founder and owner of Susan Gray Law, P.A., in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Board-certified as a family law specialist by the North Carolina State Bar, Ms. Gray has more than 43 years of total legal experience, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Piedmont Triad who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Gray has achieved remarkable success guiding her clients through the divorce process while arming them with the information they need to make the best-informed decisions regarding child custody and support, property division and all other related matters. She has gained a reputation for her compassion and integrity as well as her unwavering commitment to helping her clients obtain the favorable outcomes they expect as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and service, Ms. Gray has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell and consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America. She has also received a Legal Elite designation by Business North Carolina magazine, and Winston-Salem Magazine featured her on its cover. She has also received a designation as a Rated Top 3 Divorce Lawyer in Winston-Salem from Three Best Rated, and The National Law Journal voted her an Elite Lawyer in 2017.
A 1975 graduate of Vanderbilt University, Ms. Gray obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1978. She has served as editor of the Family Law Forum, and she has served as chair of the Family Law Section Council of the North Carolina State Bar as well as member of its alimony committee. She is also an active member of the Forsyth County Bar Association and the North Carolina Bar Association's Family Law Section, among her other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2016, 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization
About Susan H. Gray
First Admitted: 1978
Professional Webpage: https://www.susangraylaw.com/attorney/susan-gray/
- Board Certified Family Law Specialist, North Carolina State Bar, 1999
- Alimony Committee of the North Carolina State Bar / Family Law Section Council, Past Chairman
- North Carolina, 1978
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Member
- Rated Top 3 Divorce Lawyers - Winston Salem, NC - by Three Best Rated
- Delta Delta Delta
- Nominated by peers for the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 -- Family Law
- Selected as a 2017 Elite Lawyer of the South by The National Law Journal
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in the 25th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© 2019
- “AV” rating with Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected by her peers for inclusion in the 22nd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America© 2016 in the field of Family Law
- Named to the Legal Elite by Business North Carolina magazine for 2007 and 2008
- Best Law Firms for 2016 by U.S. News and World Report
- Featured on the cover of Winston Salem Magazine
- North Carolina Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyer in America, 2013 & 2014
- Buie v. Daniel International Cpy., 56 N.C. App. 445, 1987, N.C. Ct. of Appeals
- Carolina Mills Lumber Co. v. Huffman, 96 N.C. App. 616, 1989, N.C. Ct. of Appeals
- Soderlund v. Kuch, 143 N.C. App. 361, 2001, N.C. Ct. of Appeals
- Family Law Forum, Past Editor
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, Major: English & Political Science, B.A., 1975
Last Updated: 5/15/2022