Steven J. Leibel
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Bismarck, North DakotaKnoll Leibel LLP
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage; view more
Licensed in North Dakota since: 2012
Education: Baylor Law School
Knoll Leibel LLP1915 North Kavaney Drive
Bismarck, ND 58501 Visit website
Steven J. Leibel is an attorney at Knoll Leibel, LLP, in Bismarck, North Dakota. Mr. Leibel has been a trial attorney for over two decades, and his legal practice primarily focuses on personal injury and commercial disputes. He also assists clients in cases related to insurance law, oil field injury, appeals and business litigation, including real estate and construction disputes.
A native of Aberdeen, South Dakota, Mr. Leibel graduated with a bachelor’s degree in political science and English from the North Dakota State University in 1997. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 2001 from Baylor Law School, Texas. After graduation from Baylor, Mr. Leibel began his practice in Albuquerque, where he handled cases related to car accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, brain injury and more. He tried cases in front of judges and juries as both a plaintiff's lawyer and a defense lawyer. Since returning to North Dakota, his clients have been awarded over $3,000,000 million from North Dakota judges and juries for cases involving personal injury and wrongful death, breach of fiduciary duty, and consumer claims.
In honor of his strong legal ability and exceptional professionalism, Mr. Leibel was awarded an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell in 2011 and has maintained that rating for the last decade.
Mr. Leibel is admitted to practice in the state of North Dakota as well the U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit. He is a member of the State Bar Association of North Dakota, where he serves on various committees, and sits on the board of governors of the North Dakota Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Construction Litigation: Consumer
Animal Bites, Assault, Bad Faith Insurance, Brain Injury, Insurance, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Business Litigation
- 20% Insurance Coverage
- 10% Construction Litigation: Consumer
First Admitted: 2001, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://bismarck-attorneys.com/attorney/leibel-steven-j/
- North Dakota Western Disciplinary District Inquiry Committee (2015-present)
- North Dakota Pattern Jury Instruction Commission (2019-present)
- North Dakota Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- State Bar of North Dakota
- North Dakota State University, B.A. in English and Political Science, 1997
- University of New Mexico Law School, Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing, 2008
- Presenter at 2019 Western Dakota Association of Legal Assistants Conference, Presenter, Filial Support, 2019
- Presenter on recent jury award in Federal court regarding value of a teen wrongful death, Presenter, NDAJ Spring Seminar "Hot Shots", 2019
- Awarded AV rating in 2011-2020, AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2011
- , Great Plains Super Lawyer, Thompson Reuters, 2019
Office location for Steven J. Leibel
1915 North Kavaney Drive
Bismarck, ND 58501
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023