Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Fargo, North DakotaKennelly Business Law
An attorney at the Fargo, North Dakota, law firm of Kennelly Business Law, Ben Williams has over a decade of experience representing the rights of individuals and businesses. Coming from a family of small-business owners, he has deep legal knowledge in business and commercial litigation and is able to better understand the stress and disruption caused to his clients by such legal issues.
A committed and skilled professional, Mr. Williams assists his clients with sophisticated legal matters involving contract disputes, construction law, business formations, mergers and acquisitions, creditors’ rights and collection, real estate law and trade secret litigation, and corporate/partnership disagreements.
With a background in mediation and arbitration, Mr. Williams helps both parties reach an agreement without having to rely on a judge. However, he realizes that this approach may not always be possible and never hesitates to face protracted court battles.
A native of Fargo-Moorhead, Mr. Williams received his Bachelor of Arts with a major in biology and history from the Concordia College in 2006. He then obtained his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of North Dakota School of Law in Grand Forks in 2011. As an outshining student, he graduated in the top 10% of his class and earned his membership to the Order of the Coif, an honorary scholastic society.
Admitted to practice in all the state courts of North Dakota since 2011, Mr. Williams has also handled a number of cases on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants before the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota.
When it comes to giving back, Mr. Williams remains focused on serving the legal community. He maintains active memberships in several legal organizations including the Cass County Bar Association, the State Bar Association of North Dakota and the Defense Research Institute (DRI), an organization of leading civil defense attorneys.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Construction Litigation: Business, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business, General Litigation, Real Estate: Business
Collections, Construction Defects, Foreclosure, Landlord/Tenant, Litigation, Non-Compete Agreements, Trade Secret
- 50% Business Litigation
- 10% Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 10% Construction Litigation: Business
- 10% Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 10% General Litigation
- 10% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 2011, North Dakota
Professional Webpage: https://www.kennellybusinesslaw.com/attorney/ben-williams/
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- North Dakota
- Cass County Bar Association
- State Bar Association of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court District of North Dakota
- The United States Supreme Court Revisits the Pleading Standard Under Bell Atlantic Corp. v. Twombly, Making Surviving a Motion to Dismiss More Difficult, 86 N.D. L. Rev. 383 (2010)
- Outside Articles Editor for the North Dakota Law Review, North Dakota School Of Law
- Concordia College, B.A. in Biology and History, 2006
- Order of the Coif, University of North Dakota School of Law
- North Dakota Bar Foundation’s award for Most Outstanding Student Article, University of North Dakota School of Law
Office location for Ben Williams
1213 NP Ave.
Fargo, ND 58102
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023