Jerome T. Linnen, Jr.
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Akron, OH
Attorney Jerome T. Linnen Jr. serves clients in Ohio and Florida from the law firm of Linnen Co., L.P.A., located in Akron, Ohio. His practice area includes:
Personal injury: Medical malpractice, automobile accidents, wrongful death, catastrophic injuries and product liability
Employment litigation: Workplace harassment and discrimination, wrongful termination, Family and Medical Leave Act, retaliation, workers’ compensation, and wage and hour law
With more than 30 years of experience in the legal arena, Mr. Linnen is a seasoned attorney who zealously advocates for his clients who have been injured or had their rights violated by employers. He believes that his clients must be well informed of the law to help make better decisions. Recognized for his vast legal acumen, he has been peer-review rated as Distinguished* through Martindale-Hubbell. Moreover, he holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo for the quality legal services he offers.
Having represented clients across several appellate and trial courts in Ohio and Florida, Mr. Linnen is an accomplished litigation attorney. He strives to offer the most efficient advocacy possible in every case he handles; his law firm is well-equipped to employ various resources such as investigators, doctors, engineers and specialists across the U.S. to ensure his clients have a winning edge.
Maintaining active affiliations with several prominent legal associations, Mr. Linnen is a member of:
- The Florida Bar
- The American Association for Justice
- The Ohio Association for Justice
- The Summit County Trial Lawyers
- The National Employment Lawyers Association
- The Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- The Akron Bar Association
- The Ohio State Bar Association
Mr. Linnen holds a B.B.A. in finance cum laude from Ohio University and a law degree from The University of Akron School of Law. He is licensed to practice in Ohio, Florida, the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th and 7th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
About Jerome T. Linnen, Jr.
First Admitted: 1987, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.linnenlaw.com/attorneys/jerome-jay-linnen/
- Ohio, 1987
- Florida Bar
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Summit County Trial Lawyers Association
- Ohio Association for Justice (formerly Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers)
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio,1987
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1991
- Florida, 1987
- Ohio University (B.B.A. Finance, Cum Laude, 1983)
- United States Supreme Court, 1991
Last Updated: 9/23/2022