Roger D. Emerson
Top rated Intellectual Property attorney in Akron, OhioEmerson Thomson Bennett
I am fortunate to advise a variety of clients, including international intellectual property firms, international and foreign manufacturers, domestic manufacturers and entrepreneurs and start-up enterprises. I earned a degree in Mechanical Engineering so that is a strength, but I also have experience with clients in the chemical, computer engineering, software, business methods, biologicals, medical devices and medical treatments and protocols. I have assisted in patent infringement litigation.
Trademarks: I advise clients with regard to their brands, their domain names, common law and federal trademarks, trademark Oppositions and trademark Cancellation proceedings in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). I have directed trademark litigation.
Copyrights: I prepare and file copyright applications and prosecute them. I have directed copyright litigation. I advise clients regarding copyright issues including licensing.
Domain names, I advise clients regarding domain name issues including the underlying trademark issues. I prepare and file domain name applications. I have conducted UDRP proceedings. I have directed domain name disputes and negotiated purchase and sale of domain names.
Trade secrets: I have drafted trade secret policies for companies, non-profits, hospitals and universities. I have directed trade secret litigation and advised about trade secret issues.
Intelectual property agreements: , I advise clients regarding agreement related issues. I have drafted distributor agreements, manufacturer's representative agreement, non-compete agreements, joint development agreemnts, patent and trademark assignment agreements, license agreements for patents, trademarks, copyrights and intellectual property. I have directed litigation regarding alleged breach of agreements.
I am or have been a member of several industry groups including INTA, AIPLA, AIPPI, CIPLA and IPO.
Practice areasIntellectual Property, Intellectual Property Litigation, International, Technology Transactions
First Admitted: 1987, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.etblaw.com/roger-emerson
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, cum laude. Juris Doctor, cum laude.
- I am a member in good standing of the local and state bars (Akron and Ohio).
- Board member of the Greater Akron Chamber Board of Directors and has served on its Executive Committee; Board member of the Board of Directors for NorTech; Board chair of the University of Akron Honors College Advancement Council; Vice-Chair and Secretary-treasurer of the Intellectual Property Advisory Council at the University Akron School of Law; Board member of National Board of Christian Business Men's Connection; Board member of Northeast Ohio Christian Business Men’s Connection; Board member of Northeast Ohio; Christian Business Women’s Connection; Member Advisory Board of the Innovation Practice Center at the University of Akron; Board member of the Board of Trustees of Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy; Board chair of the Akron Community Prayer Luncheon Steering Committee; Member of Christ Community Chapel in Hudson, Ohio Member of the Tocqueville Society of the United Way of Summit County; served on various committees Member of the Firestone Country Club;
- Many of our clients prefer to remain confidential.
- Nearly every case our firm litigated was settled before a verdict, and many with obligations of secrecy.
- Happy marriage and good kids!
- I am a member of various academic honoraries including Tau Beta Pi, Omicron Delta Kappa. I received full-ride academic scholarships for my undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and another academic scholarship for Law.
- Domain Names
- Joint Development Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Lawn And Garden
- Manufacturing; Branding; Internet; Website
- Mechanical Apparatuses
- Medical Devices
- Molded Products
- Molding Technologies
- Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Truck Equipment
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023