Stanley M. Dub
Top rated franchise & dealership attorney in Beachwood, OhioLaw Office of Stanley M. Dub
Recognized as Ohio's leading franchise law attorney, Stanley M. Dub is the principal at his firm in Beachwood, Ohio. He handles franchise law assignments for both franchisers and franchisees across all 50 states. He also provides legal services involving business and corporate law and estate planning and probate. A member of the Ohio Bar since 1975, Mr. Dub practiced law for 3 corporations and then for 3 medium-to-large law firms before starting his own franchise law practice in 2006.
Mr. Dub played an integral role in passing the 2012 amendments to Ohio's Business Opportunity Purchasers Protection Act, which is Ohio’s only law related to franchise law. Since 2016 he has also served as Adjunct Professor of Law at CWRU Law School, teaching the only franchise law course offered by any Ohio law school. He frequently appears as an expert witness on franchise law, and he has presented on franchise law topics at seminars conducted by the Ohio State Bar Association and the ABA Forum on Franchising. Several of his articles have been published in The Franchise Law Journal, a national publication, and in Ohio Lawyer and other local business magazines.
Mr. Dub has been recognized for his accomplishments by several legal organizations in addition to his clients and peers. He was named the Leading Lawyer in Northeast Ohio in franchise law by Inside Business magazine for multiple years. Furthermore, he was listed in the 2021 Legal Eagles by Franchise Times magazine and is rated 10 out of 10 in the franchise law category on Avvo.
Mr. Dub is an active member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising and the Ohio State Bar Association.
- 100% Franchise/dealership
First Admitted: 1975, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.franchiseattorneycleveland.com/about
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Case Western Reserve University Law School. Have taught an annual course on Franchise Law each year since 2016 and will teach the course again in 2023.
- Received JD degree from Case Western Reserve University Law School and was admitted to the Ohio Bar., 1975
- Cited in Ohio Revised Code Annotated, Author, Franchising in Ohio: Practical aspects of the Law, Ohio Lawyer Magazine, 1989
- Franchisors are required to provide franchise buyers with a Franchise Disclosure Document before sale, under a Trade Rule of the FTC. But only the FTC is permitted to enforce violations and they have failed to police their regulation for many years. Roughly 15 states have laws imposing similar requirements but the other states do not. This article urges the other states to pass laws requiring these pre-sale franchise disclosures, and provides the text of a proposed law for this purpose., Author, In Support of a New Uniform Franchise Disclosure Act; If Not Now, When?, Franchise Law Journal (39 Franchise L.J. 387), 2020
- All franchisors are subject to the Federal Trade Commission's Franchise Rule, requiring that they provide buyers with a franchise disclosure document before sale of a franchise. But violations can be prosecuted only by the FTC. Fourteen states require that these documents be registered, and in those states buyers may have remedies for franchisor violations. This article examines the role in requiring franchise disclosures, of state laws that call themselves "business opportunity laws" rather than "franchise laws"., Author, What's in a Name? State Business Opportunity Statutes as Franchise Disclosure Laws, Franchise Law Journal (38 Franchise L.J. 105), 2018
- Adjunct Professor of Law (Franchise Law) at Case Western Reserve University Law School, Cleveland, Ohio. Each year from 2016 to present, have taught Ohio's only law school course on Franchise Law., 2022
- Member, American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising since 1990
- All Industries
Office location for Stanley M. Dub
20600 Chagrin Blvd
Beachwood, OH 44122
- Super Lawyers: 2004, 2017 - 2021