Todd E. Gurney
Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Beachwood, OhioThe Eisen Law Firm Co., L.P.A.
Practice Areas: Medical Malpractice; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 2005
Education: Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
The Eisen Law Firm Co., L.P.A.3601 Green Rd
Beachwood, OH 44122 Visit website
Attorney Todd E. Gurney is a partner at The Eisen Law Firm in Cleveland, Ohio. Mr. Gurney dedicates his practice to medical malpractice and wrongful death, proudly helping injured victims in Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Lorain and throughout Northeast Ohio.
Licensed to practice law in Ohio since 2005, Mr. Gurney has several years of experience as a trial attorney. He has litigated cases throughout the state of Ohio at both the trial and appellate levels involving intricate medical and legal issues in cases involving birth injuries, brain injuries, broken bones, vascular injuries and many other types of medical injuries individuals have sustained due to negligence.
Mr. Gurney earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from Indiana University Bloomington and went onto obtain a law degree from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. In 2005, he was awarded the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law’s pro bono and community service award for his volunteer legal efforts. In addition to appearing in all Ohio state courts, he is licensed before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
In addition to dedicating copious amounts of time to his medical malpractice and wrongful death practice, Mr. Gurney enjoys being an active member of his legal community. He is a member of the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, serving on the board of directors of the organization and as Vice-President in 2019-2020. He is also a member of the Ohio Association for Justice, a statewide organization committed to ensuring all Ohio residence receive access to the civil justice system.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Malpractice
- 100% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.malpracticeohio.com/todd-e-gurney/
- ORT America, Ohio Region, Board of Directors 2019-present
- ORT America, Ohio Region, First Vice-President, 2021
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, President 2020-2021
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Vice-President 2019-2020
- Ohio, 2005
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Board of Directors, 2015-Present
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Secretary, 2018-2019
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Treasurer, 2017-2018
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member, 2007 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2006
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member, 2007 - Present
- Cornwell v. Northern Ohio Surgical Center, Ltd., et al., 185 Ohio App.3d 337, 2009-Ohio-6975
- Johnson v. Emergency Phys. of Northwest Ohio at Toledo, Inc., 986 N.E.2d 595, 2013-Ohio-322.
- Barnish v. Neltner et al.,, $10.6 Million Verdict (Franklin County Court of Common Pleas 2009)
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, B.A., Major: Philosophy, 2002
- ORT America, 1st Annual Robert Sill Leadership Award, 2018
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Pro Bono and Community Service Award, 2005
Office location for Todd E. Gurney
3601 Green Rd
Beachwood, OH 44122
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2019