Laura L. Mills
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Canton, OhioMills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas
For over twenty-seven years, Laura L. Mills has managed and provided a full-service litigation practice through the law firm of Mills, Mills, Fiely & Lucas. The law firm originated in Canton and provides service throughout the entire state of Ohio.
Laura is a litigator and has defended multiple murder/attempted murder trials successfully. She has managed and tried multi-million dollar medical malpractice claims, business litigation matters and partnership disputes. She is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has earned the highest possible rating in legal ability and ethical standards from the bar and judiciary. Laura is also recognized as one of America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators.
She strongly and passionately advocates for individuals, especially in the realm of social injustice. She has appeared on national television (CBS, 48 Hours, Good Morning America, Dr. Phil, Fox News,) on behalf of her clients. She has appeared in LawNewz, and provided an interview podcast for Beth Karas as well as being featured in her hometown paper for her work and commitment to domestic violence.
Laura is admitted to practice in state and federal courts throughout Ohio as well as the District of Columbia. She has also tried jury trials in multiple other states and jurisdictions.
Laura is a past-president of the Stark County Academy of Trial Lawyers and a member of the Ohio Bar Association and Ohio Association for Justice.
She assists clients in many areas of the law such as medical malpractice, business litigation, civil rights violations, divorce, corporate litigation, contract litigation, criminal defense and estate planning.
Laura is a graduate of Mount Union College with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and a minor in Secondary Education. She obtained her law degree from the University of Akron School of Law while employed full time by a large multi-state law firm. She championed the regional trial team at the University of Akron.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Family Law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://mmfllaw.com/attorney/mills-laura-l-esq/
- I am licensed to practice in the State and Federal Courts in Ohio. I am also licensed to practice in the Sixth and Eighth Circuit Courts, U.S. Supreme Court as well as the District of Columbia.
- Legal Ability and Ethical Standards as determined by the confidential opinions of the bar and Judiciary. Multi-Million Dollars Advocates Forum, AV Preeminent Judicial Edition, Martindale Hubbell, 2016
- High Stakes Litigator Award, Top 100
- Domestic Violence Project Inc. Founding Mouthers Award, 2017
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2021
- Stark County Trial Lawyers Association Board Member, 2021
- Not Guilty on Rape and Burglary., 2021
- Hung Jury on Voluntary Manslaughter and Felonious Assault., 2021
- Not Guilty on Murder, 2019
- Federal Jury Trial 2014 Bracken v. Dasco -Defense Verdict Settlement aganst Ohio University in 2014-One Million Dollars
- Not Guilty Verdict on Attempted Murder and Felonious Assault charge., 2018
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2024