Top rated Antitrust Litigation attorney in Cincinnati, OhioMarkovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC
Attorney Bill Markovits is a founding partner with the Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC, law firm, which has offices in Cincinnati and Columbus, Ohio. Nationally recognized as one of the leading trial lawyers in the country and possessing more than 35 years of legal experience, Mr. Markovits represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of plaintiff clients throughout the nation who have legal challenges involving any of the following:
· Complex commercial litigation
· Securities, antitrust, False Claims Act and RICO claims
· Class actions
A 1978 graduate of Washington University, Mr. Markovits obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1981. He is licensed to practice in Ohio and the District of Columbia, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th and 9th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Throughout his long and illustrious career, Mr. Markovits has earned a reputation as a leader in antitrust litigation, and he has served as chair of the Ohio State Bar Association's Antitrust Section. In addition, he has also served on the adjunct legal faculty at the University of Cincinnati College of Law, where he has facilitated courses in effective trial practices, antitrust litigation and other subjects.
As an attorney, Mr. Markovits has served as lead or co-counsel on numerous class actions brought against some of the largest corporations, health care and insurance providers, mortgage securities companies and energy companies in America. From his efforts, he has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for those he has served, and in 2015, he received the "Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice" award from the American Antitrust Institute.
Among his other awards and accolades, Mr. Markovits earned the Lawyer of the Year award from Best Lawyers* as well as many top ratings from his peers. He has also received many positive reviews and testimonials from his satisfied clients.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Markovits is a member of the American Association for Justice, the American Bar Association, the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Hamilton County Trial Lawyers Association and the National Health Lawyers Association. He has numerous publications to his credit, and conducts lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of legal topics.
Best Lawyers* and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasAntitrust Litigation, Securities Litigation, Business Litigation
- 40% Antitrust Litigation
- 40% Securities Litigation
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 1981, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://www.msdlegal.com/attorney/markovits-bill/
- “The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO),” HarrisMartin’s Toyota Recall Litigation Conference, March 24, 2010
- Antitrust Law Update, National Health Lawyers Health Law Update and Annual Meeting (Featured Speaker), San Francisco, California, 1989
- “Antitrust in the Health Care Field,” a chapter published in Legal Aspects of Anesthesia, 2nd ed., William H. L. Dornette, J.D., M.D., editor
- “Using Civil Rico and Avoiding its Abuse,” Ohio Trial, William H. Blessing, co-author, Summer 1992
- “A Focus on Reality in Antitrust,” Federal Bar News & Journal, Nov/Dec 1992
- “The Federal False Claims Act: Are Health Care Providers at Risk?,” (Co-Speaker), Ohio Hospital Association, April, 1996
- “The False Claims Act: Are Healthcare Providers at Risk?,” presentation to Robert Morris College Second Annual Health Services Conferences, Integrating Health Services: Building a Bridge to the 21st Century, Moon Township, PA, October 9, 1997
- University of Cincinnati College of Law Adjunct Professor, teaching trial practice
- “Beyond Compensatory Damages – Tread, RICO and The Criminal Law Implications,” HarrisMartin’s Toyota Recall Litigation Conference, Part II, May 12, 2010
- “Defining the Relevant Market in Antitrust Litigation,” Great Lakes Antitrust Seminar, October 29, 2010
- “Implications of Sixth Circuit Collins Inkjet Corp. v. Eastman Kodak Co. Decision,” American Bar Association panel discussion, December 10, 2015
- Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Chair of the Antitrust Section
- National Health Lawyers Association
- Hamilton County Trial Lawyers Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association (nonactive)
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- 6th Circuit Court of Appeals, Ohio, 1991
- American Association for Justice
- Northern District of Ohio, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, United States of America, 1998
- 9th Circuit Court of California, 1995
- Southern District of Ohio, 1983
- District of Columbia, 1981
- State of Ohio, 1983
- Procter & Gamble v. Bankers’ Trust Litigation
- In re Choice Care Litigation
- Forsyth v. Humana
- United States ex rel. Watt v. Fluor Daniel
- Procter & Gamble v. Amway Litigation
- United States ex rel. Brooks v. Pineville Hospital
- In re Microsoft Corp. Litigation, United States District Court, District of Maryland
- In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010
- In re Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
- Collins v. Eastman Kodak, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Williams v. Duke Energy et al.
- Ohio Employees Retirement System v. Federal Home Loan Mortgage, aka Freddie Mac, et al.
- In re Federal National Mortgage Association Securities, Derivative, and “ERISA” Litigation
- “Best Lawyer in America” in the fields of antitrust and commercial litigation
- Named a 2015 finalist in the American Antitrust Institute’s Antitrust Enforcement Awards under the category “Outstanding Antitrust Litigation Achievement in Private Law Practice
- Washington University, A.B., Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
Office location for Bill Markovits
119 E. Court Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2024