Brian Joseph Butler
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Cincinnati, OH
Brian Joseph Butler is a shareholder at Mezibov Butler in Cincinnati, Ohio, where he practices personal injury law and employment law. Many of Mr. Butler's clients have been injured in motor vehicle accidents or have otherwise been hurt through the negligence of another party. He also handles wrongful death matters, nursing home abuse cases, premises liability cases and more. He serves clients in the Cincinnati, Hamilton, Mason and West Chester, Ohio, areas.
Mr. Butler is admitted to practice in all Ohio state courts, the U.S. district courts for the northern and southern districts of Ohio and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit. Over the course of his career, he has also represented clients in federal courts in other jurisdictions, including in the state of Kentucky.
Mr. Butler also has a great deal of experience with litigation related to employment, including cases involving wrongful termination, unlawful discrimination, retaliation, non-compete agreements, the Family and Medical Leave Act and more. He has also represented a variety of clients in cases involving financial disputes, professional malpractice fraud, contract disputes, wills and trusts and other complex issues.
After earning degrees in history and political science from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, Mr. Butler obtained his law degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He graduated with honors from both educational institutions.
A native of the Cincinnati area, Mr. Butler participates in both state and national professional organizations. He belongs to professional groups including the Ohio Employment Lawyers Association and the National Employment Lawyers Association.
- 50%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employer, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2022
About Brian Joseph Butler
First Admitted: 2007, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://www.mezibov.com/About/Brian-Butler.shtml
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- Hulsmeyer v. Hospice of Southwest Ohio, Inc., et al., 2014-Ohio-5511
- Dias v. Archdiocese of Cincinnati, et al., 1:11-cv-00251, United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2012
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2008
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2007 - Present
- Ohio, 2007
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, B.A., cum laude, Major: History and Political Science, 2004
- J.D.- University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2007
- St. Xavier High School
Last Updated: 6/29/2022