Joseph M. Callow, Jr.
Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Cincinnati, OhioCallow + Utter Law Group
Joseph M. Callow Jr. commenced his legal career in 1993, following his license to practice law in the state of Ohio. He presently assumes the role of managing partner at Callow + Utter Law Group in Cincinnati, Ohio. Within this capacity, he diligently offers legal representation across a wide spectrum of legal areas, which encompass:
· Business litigation
· Antitrust litigation
· Appellate practice
· Class action litigation
· Cybersecurity and data privacy advisory and litigation
· Environmental litigation
· False Claims Act litigation
· FINRA (NASD) arbitrations
· Intellectual property litigation
· Product liability, personal injury or tort
· State attorney general and special appointment litigation
Additionally, Mr. Callow boasts an impressive track record of securing numerous favorable verdicts and settlements for his clientele.
In 1990, Mr. Callow graduated cum laude from Miami University. He then went on to earn his Juris Doctor in 1993 from the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He is admitted before the U.S. District Court for both the Southern and Northern Districts of Ohio, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd, 4th and 6th Circuits. Furthermore, he is an avid contributor to the legal community, frequently delivering presentations at seminars and authoring written works to share his wealth of knowledge.
Peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Callow's legal proficiency has garnered the attention of several news networks, making him a prominent figure in the legal arena. He is featured in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers and is included in The Best Lawyers in America. Moreover, he has been named the Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers for Litigation–Antitrust, Cincinnati, in 2012, 2017, 2020 and 2022.
Beyond his legal practice, Mr. Callow is a member of the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association and the Cincinnati Bar Association. Beyond his professional commitments, he generously dedicates his time to volunteering at The Seven Hills School.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Antitrust Litigation, Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense, E-Discovery, Intellectual Property Litigation
Antitrust & Trade Litigation, Class Actions
- 40% Business Litigation
- 20% Antitrust Litigation
- 20% Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense
- 10% E-Discovery
- 10% Intellectual Property Litigation
First Admitted: 1993, Ohio
- Webinar: TransUnion LLC v.Ramirez and the Impact on Class Action Litigation, 7.13.2021
- Michigan AG Announces PFAS and Opioid Litigation Partners, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, 10.17.2019
- Michigan Files Lawsuit Against 3M, DuPont and Others for PFAS Contamination, 1.14.2020
- DuPont, 3M Sued Over Michigan 'Forever Chemicals' PollutionLaw360.com, 1.14.2020
- Full 4th Circ. To Eye $680M FCA Case Against Allergan Law360.com, 5.10.2022
- Allergan Whistleblower Gets Rehearing in Drug Rebate Fraud Suit, BloombergLaw.com, 5.11.2022
- Full 4th Circuit to Rehear Allegations of Allergan Unit Medicaid Fraud, Reuters.com, 5.11.2022
- Film Screening / Panel Discussion, The Decade of DiscoveryNorthern Kentucky University Chase College of Law / Law & Informatics Institute, 2.26.2015
- Cybersecurity RoundtableCincinnati Business Courier, 11.4.2016
- GDPR and Your Business: What You Need to Know and What You Need To Do, Greater Cincinnati ISSA Chapter Meeting, 2.21.2018
- Webinar: Ohio Data Protection Act -Safe Harbor for Businesses in Ohio, 11.27.2018
- Webinar: Understanding Data Protection & Cybersecurity in a Remote Work Environment 4.24.2020
- NKU Cybersecurity Symposium(2022, 2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2015)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- The Seven Hills School
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Miami University, B.A., cum laude
Office location for Joseph M. Callow, Jr.
8044 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2005, 2007