Mark L. Newman
Top rated workers' compensation attorney in Cincinnati, OhioBarron Peck Bennie & Schlemmer Co., LPA
The founder of his own law firm, Mark L. Newman represents his clients in greater Cincinnati, Ohio, in the area of workers' compensation law, Social Security Disability and personal injury law. He is a certified workers' compensation law specialist through the Ohio State Bar Association and has advocated for his injured clients for nearly three decades.
Mr. Newman pursued his undergraduate education at Indiana University Bloomington and received a Bachelor of Science in accounting in 1986. He then went on to attend the University of Cincinnati College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1989. While in law school, he served on the University of Cincinnati Law Review. After graduation, he was an attorney at various area law firms before founding his own firm. Admitted to practice in Ohio, Mr. Newman is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
During his career, Mr. Newman has successfully obtained workers' compensation benefits for his clients, including temporary partial, permanent partial and permanent total disability. He has also helped his clients to recover lost wages due to their inability to return to work. Mr. Newman brings the same dedication and focus to his clients who are in the process of trying to secure Social Security Disability benefits. He assists them with navigating through the complicated application process and represents them on their appeals before administrative law judges.
Mr. Newman is an active participant in several professional organizations, including the Cincinnati Bar Association, the Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association and the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives. Highly regarded by his fellow attorneys, he has received a perfect 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Practice areasWorkers' compensation: claimant, Social security disability, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff
- 70% Workers' compensation: claimant
- 20% Social security disability
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://marklnewman.com/attorney/mark-l-newman/
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Chair, Workers Compensation Committee, 1999 - 2000
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1994 - Present
- Ohio, 1989
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 1989 - Present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives, 2010 - Present
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member, 1989 - Present
- Ohio Association of Justice, Member, 1989 - Present
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1989
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, 1986, B.S., Accounting
- Worker's Compensation and Social Security Law, Frequent Lecturer
- Workers' Compensation, Ohio State Bar Association, 1999
- Operation Give Back, Finance Committee, Member
- Mayerson JCC, Board of Directors, Member
- Sycamore Athletic Club Youth Basketball, President
Office location for Mark L. Newman
3074 Madison Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2011, 2015 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Workers' Compensation Law