Matthew T. Ernst
Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Cincinnati, OH
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Attorney Matthew T. Ernst is the owner of Ernst & Associates, LLC, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Mr. Ernst focuses his practice on criminal defense, representing clients accused of alcohol offenses, domestic violence, drug offenses, DUI/DWI, sex offenses, theft crimes and traffic violations. He practices in Cincinnati and the surrounding areas.
A highly qualified attorney with over 26 years of legal experience, Mr. Ernst is a powerful advocate for Ohio residents who are facing criminal charges. He provides committed and professional legal services to each client, using forceful advocacy and skilled negotiation to bring them the best results they can reach.
Mr. Ernst is certified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in the administration of standardized field sobriety tests and is a member of The National College for DUI Defense and the DUI Defense Lawyers Association. His training and experience give him intimate knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of the techniques and evidence used in DUI/DWI prosecutions, a distinct advantage when he is defending the rights of people accused of these crimes. He often lectures on DUI/DWI topics throughout Ohio and internationally.
Mr. Ernst holds memberships in the Ohio State Bar Association, the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Ernst earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration in information systems and finance from the University of Cincinnati and received his law degree from The University of Toledo College of Law. He founded Matthew T. Ernst & Associates, LLC, in 1996, soon after becoming a licensed attorney. He holds licenses to practice law before all Ohio state and federal courts.
- 70%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 30%Criminal Defense
DUI/DWI, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
About Matthew T. Ernst
First Admitted: 1996, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.ernstfirm.com/attorney/ernst-matthew-t/
- NHTSA certified in the administration of Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- US District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Systems & Finance, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, 1992
- The Justice Dept dropped charges against a Mass judge and a court officer, who were indicted on helping an undocume… https://t.co/ZfrKw4ttOH
- In 2018, @tiffanyrellis summited Mount Kilimanjaro with friend Adam Peltz. “I’m not a climber at all,” the Weitz &… https://t.co/GYFYZpOV0B
- A Black pastor in Childersburg, Ala., who was arrested for watering his neighbors flowers for them while they were… https://t.co/TSE2YPfyab
- Business attorney Taimur Case on tricycles, theater and Thurgood Marshall. https://t.co/R4lxzrN85N https://t.co/SRPfpwN1sU
- Lew Remele: Legal legend and office decoration? “Weirdly, in the last couple months, a lawyer told me they still ha… https://t.co/kpopXMVaFG
- TX attorney Lauren Varnado of @MRLawFirm was defending a corporation in a West Virginia courtroom when the presidin… https://t.co/JhRjN8Fxo3
- "I’m looking to get my client out of jail, and until he’s out, I haven’t succeeded," C. Justin Brown said in 2018.… https://t.co/IkdXzBlrS9
- We featured Ms. Scapicchio in last year’s cover story in Massachusetts Super Lawyers. "She never gives up on her cl… https://t.co/yKam7pG6yh
- “If you are ever going to take her down .. now is the time,” texted the eBay CEO in 2019. The subject of the text a… https://t.co/WYSTQrq218
Last Updated: 8/30/2022