Melissa Thompson Millard
Top rated family law attorney in Cincinnati, OhioBarbara J. Howard Co., L.P.A.
Melissa Thompson Millard is an associate attorney with Barbara J. Howard Co., L.P.A., A Legal Professional Association, located in Cincinnati, Ohio. From her position at the law firm, Ms. Thompson Millard focuses her practice primarily on family and matrimonial law; however, she also provides comprehensive and effective estate planning services for clients looking to protect themselves and their loved ones for the future.
Licensed to practice in Ohio and Kentucky, Ms. Thompson Millard represents clients throughout both states who are dealing with legal matters related to divorce, child custody and support, property division, alimony and other related issues. A highly rated attorney, Ms. Thompson Millard works closely with all clients she serves, treating them with the compassion and respect they deserve while advocating on behalf of their rights and best interests.
In 2011, Ms. Thompson Millard graduated with the highest distinction from Indiana University Bloomington, where she earned a Bachelor of Science in human development and family studies and a Bachelor of Arts in French. She then attended the University of Cincinnati College of Law, obtaining her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, in 2014 and graduated as a member of the Order of the Coif. In 2014, she was admitted to the practice of law in Ohio, and in 2015, she was admitted to the practice of law in Kentucky.
While pursuing her legal degree, Ms. Thompson Millard was active with the University of Cincinnati Law Review, where she served as notes and comments editor, and she was a fellow with the college's Glenn M. Weaver Institute of Law and Psychiatry. She also published an article with the University of Cincinnati Law Review that discussed judicial remedies under the Hague Convention.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 90% Family law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 2014, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.barbarajhoward.com/attorney/melissa-t-millard/
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, Bachelor of Sciences, Honors: With Highest Distinction, Major: Human Development and Family Studies, May, 2011
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, Bachelor of Arts, Honors: With Highest Distinction, Major: French, May, 2011
- University of Cincinnati Law Review, Member and Notes & Comments Editor, University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Associate Member, JUDICIAL REMEDIES IN ACCESS CASES UNDER THE HAGUE CONVENTION IN CANTOR V. COHEN AND OZALTIN V. OZALTIN, 82 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1005 (Spring 2014), University of Cincinnati Law Review
- Presenter, Where the Rubber Meets the Road: Ethics and Technology, Cincinnati Bar Association Domestic Relations Institute, 2015
- Presenter, Ethics and Technology: Where the Rubber Meets the Road 2.0, Cincinnati Bar Association Domestic Relations Institute, 2016
- Presenter, The Ethics of Keeping it Safe: Social Media & Data Security for Attorneys 101, June 30, 2016, Cincinnati Bar Association Young Lawyers Section seminar
- Ohio, November 2014
- Kentucky, May 2015
- Mentor, Cincinnati Youth Collaborative, 2016
- Volunteer, Hamilton County Court of Domestic Relations Family Law Clinic, 2016
- Member, Cincinnati Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section, Community Service Committee, 2016
- Young Lawyers Section Community Service Award, 2017
- Fellow, University of Cincinnati College of Law’s Weaver Institute of Law and Psychiatry
- Stan M. Chesley & Hon. Susan J. Dlott Award in Litigation, University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2014
- Order of the Coif, University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2014
Office location for Melissa Thompson Millard
1610 Scripps Center
312 Walnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023