Michaela Marie Stagnaro
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Cincinnati, OH
Focusing her practice primarily on family law matters, Michaela Marie Stagnaro is a partner at Stagnaro Hannigan Koop Co., LPA. From the firm's office in Cincinnati, Ohio, she provides representation to clients throughout the state. Admitted to practice before all Ohio state courts, Ms. Stagnaro is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
The predominant portion of Ms. Stagnaro's family law practice involves her assisting people whose marriages are coming to an end and who are thus having to deal with such divorce-related legal issues as property division, child custody and visitation, and spousal and child support. An experienced and forceful courtroom advocate when litigation is necessary, she has extensive experience in collaborative law, and this often allows her to help her clients reach an accord on these matters through the use of alternative dispute resolution methods. In addition to her trial experience, Ms. Stagnaro has represented clients before Ohio Courts of Appeals and before the Supreme Court of Ohio. Her other family law experience includes helping clients who have already gotten a divorce and who are now seeking the enforcement of or modifications to existing support and parenting court orders, and she has handled adoption cases as well.
Ms. Stagnaro attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio, where she majored in political science and government and received a bachelor's degree magna cum laude in 1989. Upon her graduation, she was inducted into The Phi Beta Kappa Society. She then obtained her legal education at the University of Cincinnati College of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1992. Prior to joining Stagnaro Hannigan Koop Co., LPA, in 2018, Ms. Stagnaro was an attorney at an area firm, where in addition to family law she handled criminal defense cases.
About Michaela Marie Stagnaro
First Admitted: 1992, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://www.shkfamilylaw.com/michaelastagnaro.php
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, Major: Political Science, Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- State v. Smith, 117 O. St. 32 447 (Ohio Supreme Court 2008)
- State v. Griffin, 142 O. App. 3265 (First District 2001)
- State v. Hundley, 2007 – Ohio-3556 (First District C.A. 2007)
- State v. Crayeraft, 2012 – Ohio-884 (Twelfth District 2012)
- State v. Jacquillard, 2014 – Ohio – 4394 (First District 2014)
- State v. Ruff, 2015 – Ohio – 995 (Ohio Supreme Court 2015)
- In re P.L.H., 2017 – Ohio – 5824 (Ohio Supreme Court 2017)
- Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1993
Last Updated: 7/15/2021