William R. Gallagher
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Cincinnati, OhioArenstein & Gallagher
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, White collar crimes
Licensed in Ohio since: 1995
Education: Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Arenstein & GallagherThe Citadel
114 East Eighth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202 Visit website
For decades, attorney William R. Gallagher has been defending the rights of individuals who are facing criminal charges. A partner with the law firm of Arenstein & Gallagher in Cincinnati, Ohio, Mr. Gallagher represents clients in a wide variety of state and federal criminal law cases, including those that involve drug crimes, juvenile offenses, DUI and appeals. To date, he has handled more than a dozen capital murder cases in three states and is one of a select few attorneys in Ohio to handle federal habeas corpus cases. He primarily serves southwest Ohio, including Hamilton County, Clermont County, Warren County and Butler County.
Before deciding to pursue a career in law, Mr. Gallagher attended the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, Illinois, where he received a degree in accounting and graduated with honors. He later enrolled in the Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law. He graduated cum laude in 1987.
Throughout his career, Mr. Gallagher has been active in a number of professional organizations. He has held leadership roles in the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Greater Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and is a founding member at the Ohio Innocence Project at the University of Cincinnati College of Law.
Committed to professional education, Mr. Gallagher has taught as an adjunct professor at the DePaul University College of Law and the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He also frequently presents lectures on a variety of topics related to criminal defense at legal conferences.
His accomplishments have earned Mr. Gallagher respect from within the legal profession. Among other honors he has received in his career, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers gave him its most prestigious award, the Robert C. Heeney Memorial Award, in 2011.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar
- 80% Criminal defense
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
First Admitted: 1987
Professional Webpage: https://www.arensteinlaw.com/attorney/william-r-gallagher/
- NACDL President's Commendation in 2003 and 2007. GCCDLA "Jim Looker Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Bar" in 2002.
- Illinois Institute of Technology
- Founding member of the Ohio Innocence Project located at the University of Cincinnati Law School
- Past adjunct faculty member at DePaul University Law School
- Currently on the Adjunct faculty at the University of Cincinnati Law School
- Opening Statements
- Evidentiary Issues in Drug Cases
- Theories and Themes in Criminal Cases
- The Use of Electronic and Digital Evidence in Criminal Trials
- Death Penalty, 2002 - Present
- Forensic Services, 2002
- Current Chair of the CLE Institute for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past member of the Board of Directors of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past president of the Greater Cincinnati Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Advisory Board, University of Cincinnati Law School
- Robert Heeney Memorial Award, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2011
Office location for William R. Gallagher
114 East Eighth Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Super Lawyers: 2009, 2011 - 2023