Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Attorney Jay Milano is the principal of MILANO ATTORNEYS & COUNSELORS AT LAW in Cleveland, Ohio. The firm was founded by his father Jerry Milano over 70 years ago. Mr. Milano is a nationally known as amont the best criminal defense, business litigation, ethics and problem solving attorneys He has represented a wide variety of clients, including Calvin “Snoop Dogg” Broadus. He teaches at 2 major universities, Case Western Reserve School (27years) of law and the Ohio State &niversity (6 years).
Admitted to practice law since 1981, Mr. Milano has several decades of experience and has been referred to as “The Dean” of Ohio criminal defense attorneys. Over the course of his career, he has recovered several multimillion-dollar judgments for his clients.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Milano serves as a professor at Case Western Reserve University School of Law and the Ohio State University. He regularly speaks to various legal organizations on civil and criminal litigation topics and has been an on-air legal consultant for television and radio outlets.
Active in his legal and professional communities, Mr. Milano is the founding president of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and chairman of the association’s ethics committee. He previously served on the council of delegates for the Ohio State Bar Association, and has served in leadership positions for the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and the Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
Mr. Milano earned a bachelor’s degree from the Ohio State University and received his law degree from Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. He is a member of Mensa and is rated AV Preeminent* by the esteemed peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Criminal Defense
- 30%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 20%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10%Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Legal Malpractice, Professional Malpractice - Other, Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
About Jay Milano
First Admitted: 1981, Ohio
Professional Webpage: http://www.milanolaw.com/about/jay-milano/
- CMBA, CHAIR, Erhics an Professionalism, Thought Leadership
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, President
- Ohio State Bar Association, Past Council of Delegates
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar, Grievance Committee, Professional Ethics, Member
- Certified Grievance Committee, Past Chair
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Cuyahoga Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Past President
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar, Director
- Cuyahoga County Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee, Past Chair
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Past President
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Founding President
- Cleveland Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee, Past Chair
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Ethics Chair
- Jay Milano has been referred to as the dean of criminal defense lawyers. In addition to his practice, he has, for more than 20 years, taught at Case Western Reserve University, School of Law. He has also taught Media Law and Ethics at The Ohio State University since 2015
- Super Lawyer
- Preeminent Martindale Hubbell
- Dean, Ohio Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Superb Avvo
- First President, Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Jay Milano of Cleveland Ohio is recognized among the best Criminal, Malpractice, Injury and Professional Representation lawyers in America. His clients range from Snoop Dogg, through professional athletes, doctors, lawyers, judges and mostly people who just need help. He has tried not guilty verdict cases involving the death penalty, multiple murders, the death of an infant (wrongly believed to have been assaulted), and the death of a toddler (wrongly believed to be the victim of Shaken Baby). He is nationally known as a defender of those falsely accused of sexual assault on children, having successfully defended the comedian Roseanne’s father when she accused him of abuse. He led the team that freed Jenny Wilcox, who had been incarcerated for 11 years for sex crimes she did not commit. He regularly represents professionals accused of crimes, executives, doctors, and lawyers. Mr. Milano led the exposure of corruption within the Catholic Church and the profound harm it caused the victims of abuse. Jay Milano has also consulted and has been qualified as an expert in the ethics and standards of lawyers. He often represents professionals, doctors, lawyers, and judges on issues of professional conduct. He has received Judgments of $1,000,000 or more for several clients in defamation, injury and malpractice cases
Other Outstanding Achievements
- President Rocky River Ohio School Board, 2006
Pro bono/Community Service
- Rocky River City Schools Board of Education, President, 2014
- Mensa, Member
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Trial Tactics, Adjunct Professor
- Ohio State University, Media Law and Ethics, Teacher
- Case Western Reserve School of Law, 1978
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxxLCvKlkc8, Jay Milano, 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022