John Martin Murphy
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2007
As an equity partner at Kelley & Ferraro, LLP, John Martin Murphy is dedicated to representing clients in Cleveland, Ohio, as well as those across the state. He focuses his practice on handling personal injury and workers' compensation cases that involve mesothelioma, products liability, wrongful death and toxic torts.
In 1992, Mr. Murphy graduated from Purdue University with a Bachelor of Arts. He then earned a Juris Doctor from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1995.
Mr. Murphy started his career defending cases involving asbestos exposure. Today, he uses that experience to represent people who suffer from mesothelioma and other personal injuries. Over the course of his career, Mr. Murphy has obtained millions of dollars for his clients.
As a testament to his achievements, Mr. Murphy is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he holds an Avvo "Excellent" rating.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Murphy serves as a magistrate in the mayor's courts for the Village of Bratenahl and the Village of Grand River, and he is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the State Bar of Michigan and the New York State Bar Association. Mr. Murphy is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the District of Ohio.
In his spare time, Mr. Murphy coaches highschool baseball and enjoys playing softball. He also serves as a board member with the Cleveland Baseball Federation.
About John Martin Murphy
First Admitted: 1996, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.kelley-ferraro.com/attorney/john-m-murphy/
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Ohio Rising Star 2005, 2006, 2007
- Rated "Excellent" by AVVO
Pro bono/Community Service
- Commissioner, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association's Young Lawyer's Softball League
- Board Member, Cleveland Baseball Federation
- Member, New York Bar Association
- United States District Court of Ohio
- New York
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Michigan Bar Association
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Certified Mayor's Court Magistrate
- Purdue University, B.A., 1992
- Gilmour Academy, 1988
Last Updated: 9/14/2022