Kimberly A. Pinter
Top Rated Intellectual Property Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Kim Pinter, a Partner with Calfee's Intellectual Property practice group, focuses her practice on chemical, life sciences and mechanical patent prosecution and litigation, trademark and copyright matters.
Kim has counseled companies and individuals ranging from Fortune 100 companies to start-ups in a variety of intellectual property matters, such as drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications, evaluating and optimizing IP portfolios, preparing and reviewing Opinions and litigation matters. Kim focuses on strategic analysis and clearance work to guide product launches and entry into new technology spaces. Kim also counsels companies and individuals through growth opportunities, licensing matters and joint development arrangements by drafting and reviewing various contracts and agreements with a strategic and detail oriented approach.
Kim takes a comprehensive approach to client counseling and IP strategy, frequently visiting and spending time with her clients to understand not only the businesses’ technology and goals, but to appreciate the nuances of the business that can help shape and grow its IP portfolio. Kim works closely with in-house counsel and values responsiveness and attentiveness to foster an effective and strategic partnership.
Kim is a member of the Ohio State and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations. She also is a member of Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA).
Kim received her J.D. with honors from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2008. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree, cum laude, in biology from Baldwin-Wallace College in 2005.
Kim was an associate at Fay Sharpe LLP from 2006 to 2011 before joining Calfee in 2011.
About Kimberly A. Pinter
First Admitted: 2008, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.calfee.com/professionals-kimberly-a-pinter
- J.D., with honors, Case Western Reserve University School of Law, CALI Award for Patent and Trademark Litigation, 2008 , 2008
- B.S., cum laude, Baldwin-Wallace College, 2005, 2005
- Woman of Professional Excellence Award, YWCA of Greater Cleveland, 2018
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 2021
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA), member , 2021
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2021
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Manufacturing And Industrial
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
Last Updated: 7/19/2022