Lindsay K. Nickolls
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2013, 2017
A true advocate for families, Lindsay K. Nickolls is dedicated to guiding people through some of the most difficult times of their lives. She founded The Nickolls Law Firm LLC on the basis of providing compassionate service to clients in Lorain and Cuyahoga counties, Ohio. Her caseload includes a range of family law issues, and she is an accredited mediator, guardian ad litem and parenting counselor.
Ms. Nickolls has spent more than a decade navigating legal issues on behalf of clients, though her passion for helping families began long before she opened her practice. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from The Pennsylvania State University in 1999, she graduated with a Master of Social Work from the University of Michigan School of Social Work in 2001. Recognizing the importance of providing people with legal advice, Ms. Nickolls then pursued a law degree, earning a Juris Doctor in 2005 from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law/Cleveland State University.
Using a results-oriented approach, Ms. Nickolls knows that alternative dispute resolution methods, such as collaborative law, are often preferable when dealing with the sensitive issues families face. She encourages an open discussion between client and attorney, answering questions honestly and allowing people to make an informed decision about their future.
When there is a high-conflict divorce or custody dispute, Ms. Nickolls will go to court to protect her clients. Licensed to practice in Ohio and Michigan, she recently had success litigating a child support case in the Ninth District Court of Appeals, as well as a parenting time and custody case through the Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth Appellate District and to the Supreme Court of Ohio. Ms. Nickolls is currently handling a case involving spousal support before the Court of Appeals of Ohio, Eighth Appellate District.
- 70%Family Law
- 30%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Juvenile Law, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Mediation
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2013, 2017
About Lindsay K. Nickolls
First Admitted: 2006, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://www.nickollslaw.com/best-family-law-attorney-clevela...
- Nominated as a Rising Star in 2013 in the area of Family Law
- , Nominated as Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2020
- Nominated as a Rising Star in the area of Family Law in 2010 & 2011
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association
- Member of the Center for Principled Family Advocacy
- Member, Lorain County Bar Association
- Publications Director, Washtenaw Women's Lawyer Association
- Member, Michigan State Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Michigan State Bar Character and Fitness Committee
- Member, Michigan Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Washtenaw Family Law Section
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Social Work at University of Michigan
- Certified in Collaborative Law, 2019
- Certified Guardian Ad Litem
- Certified Parenting Coordinator
- Certified Mediator
Last Updated: 5/15/2022