Michael F. Becker
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Attorney Michael F. Becker is the founder of The Becker Law Firm, LPA. Mr. Becker has several decades of experience in personal injury law and handles matters involving electrocutions, medical malpractice, birth injury, and other injuries caused by negligence. He serves plaintiffs throughout the state of Ohio.
Mr. Becker earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and obtained his law degree from the John Marshall Law School. He is certified as a civil trial lawyer by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and is also licensed before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He has been admitted to practice law in Ohio since 1976.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Becker has authored numerous articles and spoken on the topic of medical malpractice. He has received many awards, including the Craig Spangenberg Distinguished Advocate Award from the Ohio Association for Justice and the President’s Award from the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys.
Mr. Becker is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. He has also been listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and belongs to the Inner Circle of Advocates, an organization comprised of the top 100 plaintiff attorneys in the nation.
Mr. Becker enjoys giving back to his local community. He is the founder of Mike’s Kids, a private foundation devoted to supporting special needs children and their families, and has held roles with professional organizations including the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys and the Ohio Association for Justice. He is also an active member of the American Association for Justice, the International Society of Barristers and Public Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Class Actions, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2004, 2006 - 2022
- Top 100: 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2009 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2008 Cleveland Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 Ohio Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2007 Cleveland Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About Michael F. Becker
First Admitted: 1976, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.beckerjustice.com/meet-our-team/michael-f-becker...
- Inner Circle of Advocates
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- Martindale-Hubbell® Top Rated Lawyer™, 2016
- Ohio Super Lawyer
- Craig Spangenberg Distinguished Advocate Award, Ohio Association for Justice on May 14, 2009
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2014
- Received the “Spirit of Giving” Award from Rising Star Academy
- Best Lawyer
- President’s Award, Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Certified Civil Trial Lawyer with the National Board of Trial Advocacy (NBTA)
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Medical Negligence Section, Trustee
- Medical Negligence Section of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Former Chair
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1979
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, Past President
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (CATA), Past President
- Ohio, 1976
- American Association for Justice, 1976
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Medical Negligence Section, Chair
- Lecturer, Nationally Regarding Medical Negligence Speaker
- “America has many big trial lawyers. My colleagues in the Inner Circle are the great ones.” Morris Dees, Southern Poverty Law Center
- “One of the nation’s most exclusive legal societies . . . their accomplishments as a group are second to none.” St. Petersburg Times, February 16, 2004
- “A fraternity of superstar personal injury litigators.” National Law Journal
- “The Inner Circle of Advocates, a select group of 100 of the nation’s most celebrated trial lawyers. Large verdicts or settlements are one criteria for admission.” Washington Post, Sunday, June 25, 2000
- “Lawyers of integrity who are nationally recognized for their experience and skill, best of the nation.” Paul Luvera, Seattle, Washington.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Trustee, First Congregational Church, Elyria, Ohio
- First United Church of Christ in Elyria, Current Chair of Trustees
- Public Justice, Member
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow
- Mike’s Kids (www.mikes-kids.org), Director
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, B.A., 1971
Last Updated: 5/15/2022