Michael J. Goldberg
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Cleveland, OH
As the founder of his own law firm, Michael J. Goldberg has been aggressively advocating on behalf of his clients for almost 31 years. From his office in Cleveland, Ohio, he serves clients throughout all of the northern part of the state. Focusing his practice exclusively on criminal defense matters, his varied caseload includes federal fraud and other white collar criminal charges, juvenile crimes, drug cases, driving under the influence and theft.
Mr. Goldberg completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Cincinnati, where he graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in history in 1985. He then went on to pursue his legal education at The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1988.
Mr. Goldberg is admitted to practice before all of the state courts of Ohio, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. His record on drug cases includes numerous dismissals of charges and acquittals at jury trials, and he has defended those accused of fraud at both the state and federal levels. His skill in defending his clients in criminal matters has been recognized by his peers and clients alike, as attested to by his inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, Cleveland's Top Three Criminal Lawyers and other professional recognitions. Mr. Goldberg is a frequent speaker on criminal law topics.
Dedicated to the furtherance of his profession, Mr. Goldberg actively participates in several organizations in order to help him stay abreast of current developments in criminal law and procedure. He is a member of both the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers as well as the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr Goldberg also attends the United States Sentencing Commission Guideline Trainings annually.
About Michael J. Goldberg
First Admitted: 1988
Professional Webpage: http://www.michaeljgoldberg.net/Attorneys/Michael-J-Goldberg...
- Have delivered numerous presentations and panel discussions to community, school and religious organizations concerning the criminal justice system and processes, Federal Sentencing issues, the opiate crisis, gun law topics and disparate treatment of minorities by police, courts and prosecutors. Have also lectured on questions of ethical representation of criminal defendants.o
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 in Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1989
- National Association Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Ohio, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2004
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2000
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, B.A. cum laude, Major: History, 1985
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Red Cross Community Hero Award, 2006
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022