Top Rated Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Ray Rundelli is a Partner with Calfee's Intellectual Property practice. Ray has a broad range of experience in all aspects of trademark, copyright and unfair competition matters.
Ray assists clients with the administration and enforcement of U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios. He counsels clients on the clearance of new trademarks, has prepared and prosecuted numerous trademarks and has represented many clients in contested proceedings involving trademarks before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and the U.S. Customs Service. Ray has prosecuted numerous copyright applications with a focus on assisting photographers and other visual artists in copyright matters. He counsels clients on the acquisition, licensing, and transfer of intellectual property rights and Internet domain names.
Ray’s many years of intellectual property litigation experience include numerous appearances as lead counsel in civil actions and/or appeals of trademark, copyright, false advertising, trade secret, counterfeiting and unfair competition matters in federal trial and appeal courts across the U.S.
Since 2016, Ray has been recognized for his work in Intellectual Property by Chambers USA. Most recently, Ray was ranked in 2021 in Band 4. A client interviewed by Chambers USA researchers noted, "He's responsive, thorough and thoughtful." In 2020, Chambers USA researchers commented, "Ray comes recommended as an 'excellent trademark attorney' who assists clients in an array of complex litigation and portfolio management work. His practice also extends to patent-related matters."
He is listed in World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (WTR 1000) (2015-2021). Ray was also named to the Ohio Super Lawyers list from 2013-2016.
He is the firm’s designee for its long-standing membership in the International Trademark Association. In 2021, he was selected as one of the originating Masters in the Kathleen O’Malley American Inn of Court, an Inn for intellectual property litigators. Ray is also a member and past officer of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association.
He has served on the Board of Trustees for the Geauga County Public Library since 2006 and has been elected Board President four times.
Ray was an associate with the law firm of Baker & Hostetler from 1985 to 1993 and a partner with the firm from 1993 to 1998. He joined the firm of Benesch, Friedlander, Coplan & Aronoff as a partner in 1998 before joining Arter & Hadden in 1999. Ray began his tenure with Calfee as a partner in 2001.
About Raymond Rundelli
First Admitted: 1985, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.calfee.com/professionals-raymond-rundelli
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Association, Member and Past Officer
- International Trademark Association, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, Law Review Associate and Contributing Editor, Order of the Coif, Campell Moot Court Finalist, 1985 , 1985
- B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Miami University, 1982, 1982
- , World Trademark Review’s WTR 1000, World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2021
- Ohio Super Lawyer, Ohio Super Lawyers , 2016
- Chambers USA, Intellectual Property, Chambers USA, 2020
Pro bono/Community Service
- Geauga County Public Library, Board of Trustees, 2006-present, Serving Four Terms as Board President , 2021
- Media and the Arts
- Private and Family-Owned Businesses
- Public Companies
- Software And Information Technology
Last Updated: 2/14/2022