Shawn M. Acton
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Cleveland, OH
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013
As a partner at Kelley & Ferraro, LLP, Shawn M. Acton protects the rights of people in Cleveland and across the state of Ohio. He handles cases that involve the following matters: personal injury, wrongful death, workers’ compensation, products liability, asbestos litigation and toxic torts.
Mr. Acton graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Dayton in 1997. He received a Juris Doctor in 2000 from the Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University.
A personal injury can be devastating both physically and financially. Having seen firsthand how challenging these situations can be, Mr. Acton aggressively represents those who have suffered due to someone else’s negligence. Over the course of his career, he has secured numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts in his clients’ favor, enabling them to receive the compensation necessary to start the recovery process.
As a civil trial advocate certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Acton is a fierce adversary in the courtroom. In a recent case, he served as lead trial counsel for the family of a mesothelioma victim and secured a $20 million verdict. For these and other successes, Mr. Acton has been invited to join the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Acton is a Member of the Ohio Association for Justice, the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and, is a Life Member of The Judicial Conference of the Eighth Judicial District. He is admitted to practice in Ohio and Pennsylvania and before the Supreme Court of the United States, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 90%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Toxic Mold, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2009 - 2013
Certificates and Credentials
About Shawn M. Acton
First Admitted: 2000, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.kelley-ferraro.com/attorney/shawn-m-acton/
- Member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Member, Ohio Association for Justice
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Selected for Inclusion in Super Lawyers Magazine, 2009 - 2015
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Welsh v. Ford Motor Co., Ohio App. 8th Dist. No. 94068, 2011-Ohio-448 (Cuyahoga County, Ohio 2011)
- Chieffo v. YSD Industries , Inc., 157 Ohio App.3d 182, 2004-Ohio-2481 (Mahoning County, Ohio 2004)
- Walker v. Ford Motor Co., Ohio App. 8th Dist. No. 100759, 2014-Ohio-4208 (Cuyahoga County, Ohio 2014)
- Snyder v. Ford Motor Co., Ohio App. 3rd Dist. No. 1-05-41, 2005-Ohio-6415 (Allen County, Ohio 2005)
- State ex rel. Cleveland Professional Football v. Buehrer, 140 Ohio St.3d 480, 2014-Ohio-3615 (The Supreme Court of Ohio, 2014)
- Shrock v. Copperweld Steel Co., 160 Ohio App.3d 623, 2005-Ohio-1901 (Trumbull County, Ohio 2005)
- University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio, B.A. - 1997
- National Board of Trial Advocacy - - Certified Civil Trial Advocate, 2008
Last Updated: 9/14/2022