Steven B. Potter
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Cleveland, OH
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
A highly regarded civil trial attorney, Steven B. Potter is a partner at Dinn, Hochman & Potter, LLC. From the firm's offices in Cleveland, Ohio, he represents businesses and individuals throughout the greater metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Ohio since 1981, Mr. Potter is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Potter's litigation experience has covered a wide variety of complex matters in several areas of the law. He has worked on cases involving contract breaches, commercial real estate and construction disputes, labor and employment law, shareholder disputes, business torts, and bad faith and other insurance coverage issues. Mr. Potter has also handled personal injury and wrongful death litigation, including professional malpractice, and his experience extends to appeals at the state and federal level as well.
Mr. Potter has also represented businesses and companies outside of the courtroom. He has assisted entrepreneurs who are launching new ventures, providing advice and counsel on the most appropriate form of legal entity to use, and thereafter, he has prepared and reviewed a variety of agreements and has worked on regulatory compliance, as well as financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions. The overall high quality of his work in all of these endeavors along with his successful courtroom track record has earned Mr. Potter a great deal of recognition from his colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a 1981 graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Steven B. Potter
First Admitted: 1981, Ohio
Professional Webpage: https://www.dhplaw.com/attorney/steven-b-potter/
- Royal Ice Cream Co. (Pierre's Ice Cream), Strassman Insurance Services, Inc., Amicon Construction Inc.., Dorsky Yue International, LLC, Progressive Quality Care, Fox Design Group, LLC, Two Iron, Inc. (Bruell Restaurant Group), Teraphysics, Inc., Blisswood Village Home Owners Association, American Institute of Healthcare Professionals, D.J. Wurdack, Inc., Alex N. Sill Company, Agmet LLC
- Fellow of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2011
- Ohio, 1981
- Lead Counsel™ rated
- Bet-the-Company™ lawyer for Ohio
- Author: "Using Settlement 'Videos' for Creative, Cost Effective Litigation,", American Law Journal, September, 2001
- Author: "Befriending Payday and Small Loan Businesses – A Smart Move for the Banking Industry?", Banking Law Journal, July/August, 2002
- A.B. Cornell University, 1978
Last Updated: 5/15/2022