Top rated civil rights attorney in Cleveland, OhioThe Chandra Law Firm LLC
Practice Areas: Civil rights, White collar crimes, Employment litigation; view more
Licensed in Ohio since: 1998
Education: Yale Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi
The Chandra Law Firm LLC1265 West 6th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113 Visit website
As the founder and managing partner of The Chandra Law Firm LLC, Subodh Chandra has gained an impressive reputation as one of Ohio’s most prestigious civil-rights attorneys. He focuses primarily on high-profile civil and appellate litigation, and he includes employment discrimination and retaliation, constitutional law and civil-rights violations, and white-collar defense in his practice. Mr. Chandra also has extensive experience defending whistleblowers’ rights. Mr. Chandra also has extensive experience in representing victims of sexual harassment.
After graduating with honors and distinction from Stanford University, Mr. Chandra received his law degree from Yale Law School, where he served as the executive editor of the Yale Law & Policy Review. Today, Mr. Chandra is admitted to practice law in Ohio, California, and New Mexico (inactive), as well as numerous federal courts throughout the United States.
Before starting his practice, Mr. Chandra built a strong presence as a federal prosecutor, convicting and inviduals and corporations accused of healthcare fraud and corruption, tax and bank fraud, and other serious crimes. As director of law for the City of Cleveland, Ohio, Mr. Chandra was responsible for saving the city millions of dollars on outside counsel, as well as for cleaning up internal corruption. His early work litigating in a large Los Angeles law firm had him representing major motion picture studios and media companies, including defending the show "Hard Copy" in a libel lawsuit by Michael Jackson.
Respected in the bar, Mr. Chandra is a former chair of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Judicial Selection Committee and former co-chair of its diversity committee.
Currently, Mr. Chandra serves on the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights’ special advisory committee for Ohio.
Practice areasCivil rights, Criminal defense: white collar, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Constitutional law, Employment & labor: employee
Americans with disabilities act, Police misconduct, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Sexual harassment
- 30% Civil rights
- 20% Criminal defense: white collar
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Constitutional law
- 10% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 1995, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: https://www.chandralaw.com/about/meet-the-team/subodh-chandr...
- Cleveland Bar Association Diversity Action Committee, Co-Chair
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights Ohio Special Advisory Committee
- Member International Network of Boutique Law Firms, Ohio Chapter President
- Former Board of Trustees member, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Judicial Selection Committee, Chair
- Former co-chair, Cleveland Bar Association
- Stanford University, A.B. with honors and dual departmental distinction in political science and sociology, 1989
- J.D., Yale Law School. Executive Editor of the Yale Law & Policy Review., 1994
- Creating a Voice Award, Project Impact, 2002
- Recognition for, Federal Bureau of Investigation Director Robert Mueller, 2002
- Advocate of the Year, Northeast Ohio Coalition for the Homeless, 2011
- John Gardner Public Service Fellowship, Stanford University Haas Center for Public Service, 1989
- Forty under 40 Award, Crain's Cleveland Business, 2003
- Life Member, Ohio Eighth District Court of Appeals Judicial Conference
- Outstanding Lawyer Award, New Mexico Bar Association, 1995
- Best Progressive Crusader, Cleveland Scene Magazine, 2009
- Jury verdict of $2,000,750 in First Amendment-retaliation/employment retaliation case, Lockhart v. Village of Woodmere, et al., N.D. Ohio., 2008
Office location for Subodh Chandra
1265 West 6th Street
Cleveland, OH 44113
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2023